Chapter 2

Takashi Shirogane. first person.

I run out of Lance's room and go straight to Keith's room. I don't knock. I kind of pry the door open. Keith's passed out in his bed, curled up with the blanket like he's freezing cold. I walk over and poke him in the head. No reaction. I poke again. Nothing. I decide to rip the blanket off him. He springs up like a cat, "Shiro! What the fuck it's the middle of the night!" "Well technically there is no night in space." "Shiro what the fuck do you want." His sass is growing stronger. He's never one to wake up. "I told Lance.." "Oh fuck what was his reaction?" "Well I didn't really get to see it? I ran out because I got emotional and now I'm here." "Are you serious?" "Yep." Keith stands up and goes and turns on the light, when he gets back to his bed he snatches the blanket out of my hand. He sits crisscross and wraps the blanket around him. He pats the spot next to him and I sit there, crisscross as well. He takes my hands. "Shiro, you know I don't have a soul mate so I'm super happy for you. It's been hard knowing my soul mate won't come until my next life but you should've told Lance quite a while ago in my opinion." "But I would've had to meet his parents and siblings when I don't have any of that!" I feel my whole body drop. I don't have my parents or any siblings. They hoped that Lance was a girl name, when I told them that Lance was a boy they dumped me. I haven't spoken to them in a couple years. I went to their house hoping they would be there but they moved. They've done everything to stay away from their gay son. It hurts. It hurts so god damn much knowing my parents hate me, did they care when I disappeared? Or when I started to work at the Garrison? Did they- "Shiro? You're spacing out again." Keith says directly in my face. "Ah, I'm sorry. I know you lost your dad in the fire and that couldn't be any similar to my situation, fuck you don't even know where your mom is." Keith nods. "It's going to be okay Shiro, we have each other and now you have your soul mate! Your life is going to turn around I just know it." I smile, giving Keith a hug. He doesn't hug back. "Okay, okay yeah I know I'm caring now please let go." I let him go and get out of his bed. I open his door to see no one there. Down the hall I hear, "I really am, but I am exhausted and need sleep." It sounds like Hunk's voice, then I hear footsteps coming our way. I slide back into Keith's room, hoping the door closes fast enough. I hear the footsteps walk past then a door close. I open the door again to see no one out here. I sneak out and get into my room. I lay in bed. Is Lance disappointed with me? I mean I'm not disappointed with him. He's such a funny guy and a cute little flirt, I always got mad that he's never flirted with me. I need to sleep. I'm not the jealous type at all. Shit I won't be able to sleep tonight huh?

END OF CHAPTER 2