Dreaming

Ray's POV:

"Dad? I brought you something," I say looking up at the man I now call my father sitting at a desk in front of me.

"I'm busy," he says a little coldly. Deciding that it's just him being in a bad mood, I take the little present from behind my back and bring it up to him.

"Look! I made it myself, it took ages!" I say excitedly, eagerly waiting for his reaction.

But there is none.

"Dad?" I say in a questioning tone.

"I told you I'm busy," he says still cold.

"Oh...Ok, well I'll just leave it here!" I say with a smile, putting the little present on his desk.

"I TOLD YOU I'M BUSY!" he yells, making me jump. Tears form in my eyes, threatening to spill.

"I-I know, but seeing as it's your birthday..."

"I don't care if it's my birthday, I'm busy! NOW GO AWAY!" he shouts once more, sending the little present flying across the room. The tears flow steadily down my face as I run out of the room, not bothering to pick up the present, now in pieces. I cry more once I exit the room, thinking about how long I spent making it. It was a special cup that I'd painted carefully, filling in all of the colours without going out of the lines.

It's my fault, I shouldn't have disturbed him.

It's always my fault...

---

I wake up in a sweat after the dream... No, that wasn't a dream. It was a nightmare. I remember that day so vividly, I remember making that cup and how excited I was to give it to him. What I didn't realize was that that was the very day he got his hours cut, only a week after Mum lost her job. I didn't know, I didn't understand. Still, to this day I still believe that I should have, if I'd actually listened to him then it wouldn't have broken and I wouldn't have started going back down the road of... Dullness.

"Ray? Are ya up yet?" Zack asks walking into my room. He sees my face and rushes over, wiping the tears - that I didn't realize were there - off it.

"Thank you," I say to him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"No problem, now tell me what's wrong."

"It was a nightmare... About my Dad," I say, trembling a little. Zack pulls me closer to him and I continue.

"It was his birthday and I'd made him a present. He was so angry with me and kept on telling me to go away because he was busy. But I didn't, I just kept on talking. Then he got angrier and threw it across the room... And the present smashed. It's stupid, I shouldn't be crying about something as little as that," I say, wiping the tears off my face.

"It's not stupid, you were only a kid. And that would've hurt," Zack responds. I look up at him and realize just how much he's changed. Instead of not actually listening or even bothering to try and make me feel better, he's done just the opposite. And I do feel better.

"Thanks, Zack," I say. He hugs me even tighter so that I can only just breathe.

---

Zack's POV:

"Ray?" I call looking around me. I'm seemingly alone in our apartment. The winds howling outside, hail pouring down. I walk into Ray's room only to see the window smashed.

"NO! I CAN'T LOSE YOU AGAIN!" I scream out. Suddenly, I'm in another room. I turn around to see Ray sitting in a chair with chains around her. She's bruised and has cuts all over her, fresh new ones that are bleeding and older ones which are crusty. I try to run over to her but the moment I get close enough to touch her, I'm thrown back to the wall.

"Let me get to her!" I cry, watching someone walk in and hurt her over and over again.

"Please... I can't..." I start saying shakily, my voice raspy.

---

I wake up in a state of shock, feeling myself shaking and crying. I rush to her room and compose myself, wiping the tears off of my face.

"Ray? Are ya up yet?" I say, walking into her room only to see her crying. I rush over to comfort her. She tells me what happened, as I continue to comfort her. It's strange that we both had bad dreams last night. Then again, we both have a rough past so it's not that surprising.

We really need a break from all of this shit. Some place out of the city, off scene.

"Hey Ray, how would ya feel about going away?" I ask her.

"What do you mean?" She questions, blinking her pretty little eyes at me.

"Well we could go on a... What do you call it? A holiday!"

"A holiday? What's that?" She asks. She's never heard of one? This girl...

"A holiday is when you travel to a place different from where you live to relax and have a good time," I tell her as her eyes light up.

"That sounds perfect!" She says.

"Right! Let's get to it then!" I say, and with that we get off her bed to get ready for a long day of planning.

---

Hey! I say this every time that I'm slightly late but I don't know how long it's been since I last updated but it's been too long AND I FEEL REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD IM SORRY!!!

Anyways, I have my excuses! My aunties gone now😭 but I'll see her again in a few weeks. I probably won't be updating as often this week because I'm sick once again and it kinda hurts to do anything😒😂Thanks for reading!

Love you all<3

~Hanna