Chapter 4:

I woke up to my alarm screaming and quickly shut it off. I did not need a repeat from yesterday. I smiled for a moment as I felt the sensation of Shiros lips on my own. Perhaps a full recap of yesterday wouldn't be terrible. I climbed out of bed and did my normal morning routine. Neither of my parents are home which is strange but I don't mind. I walked out of my house and began to head to school. I waited for Johnny where we tend to run into each other but he didn't show up. I sighed and continued walking alone. As I reached the school I saw Shiro with his friends. He had that scowl on his face again. Perhaps it's a front he has at school? But then why would he look that way at work as well? I mentally slapped myself. I need to stop and go to my locker. As I did I somehow snaked away from each bully in the school. As I opened my locker I felt someone tap my shoulder making me tense up. I turned around to see a tangled up mess of brown hair and smiled. "Hey Sherman sorry I didn't walk with you this morning." I smiled at him showing it was fine. "Anyway I have a surprise for you." I gave him a questionable look making him chuckle before he brought his backpack around and reaching into it. He then pulled out a phone and handed it to me. "It's just a super cheap prepaid phone. It's unlimited everything." I shook my head I couldn't accept something so generous. "Seriously Sherman it's okay. I got the phone for free and the bill is extremely cheap. When you get a job you can either pay me back or not I don't care. I just want to be sure your okay." I smiled at him as I carefully took the phone nodding towards him to thank him. He smiled at me brightly. "Anytime buddy! My number is already in there. I'll see you after class." After that he walked off heading to his first hour. I opened the phone to find his number and opened the text option. 'Thank you.' I received a thumbs up emoji in response and wanted to slap him. Instead I shut my locker and headed to my class as well as the first bell rang. School went on as normal from there until lunch came. I sat alone in the hall as I waited for Johnny to find his way to me. I heard foot steps and looked up expecting to see a tangled mess of brown hair. Instead I was met with a rapid heart beat as a red head came towards me. "I told you Shiro wouldn't always be around to save you faggot." He grabbed my shirt pulling me off the ground and slammed me into the wall. "What should I do first?" He grinned at me before making a fist and punching me in the stomach. He then dropped me to the ground and grabbed me by my hair. As he made a fist one more time I heard a familiar voice call out. "Leave him alone you jack ass!" I looked up at Johnny, I have never seen him look so angry. "And what are you gonna do? Your as worthless as he is." I watched Johnnys hand start to form a fist and I cringed. "Just leave him alone. You have no reason to be hitting him." "You need to learn your place." I watched as Jax lunged towards Johnny but stopped mid swing. "What the hell do you think your doing?" My mind melted at the voice that spoke. "Their being rude." "I have this feeling your the one being a jack ass. Leave them alone. They haven't done anything." Jax looked at Shiro with wide eyes. Why was he so afraid of him? He then scoffed before leaving us. Shiro looked at me and came over to my side and helped me off the ground. "Are you okay?" I nodded. I then looked at Johnny and smiled at him. He smiled back lightly. "I have to go but if he gives you any more trouble just let me know." I nodded and just like that Shiro was gone. I pulled out my phone and texted the person next to me. 'You didn't hit him?' "No. I wanted to but he wasn't worth it." I nodded and out the phone away. Not too long after the bell rang and not long after school was over. I stopped by the flower bed and sat by the sun flower once more. I then began to think back to the night before and I feel a blush creep up onto my cheeks. I then could hear footsteps coming close so I stood up and dusted myself off. That's when I noticed who the footsteps belonged to. "Hey." I smiled at Shiro and he smiled back. "Do you. Do you wanna go out sometime?" I looked at him it's wide eyes. This was not what I was expecting. After a moment of silence I smiled and nodded at him. He smiled back and it looked so beautiful on his face. He then hugged me and gently kissed my cheek. "Let's sneak away tomorrow at 6 and we will have our date." I nodded and smiled at him shyly. This was too good to be true. "I should get home but I'll see you tomorrow?" I nodded and just as he was about to walk away I remembered the gift I had received this morning. I reached out and grabbed his shirt making him stop. I then pulled out the phone and handed it to him so he could put in his number. He smiled and did just that before leaving. I smiled at the flowers and headed home myself. I was prepared to be cussed out as soon as I walked through the door but just as this morning I was greeted by no one.