PARSONS

I slipped my hand into her soft hand, and we smiled at each other as we walked down the office. I felt a twang of guilt at not telling her my most important secret, the one that dictated everything I did. I inhaled the sweet smell of cranberry perfume, and collected my papers.

After walking out of the office, I turned around and said "I need to tell you something."

"What?" She turned around and looked up at my heavily muscled form. I brushed my long hair out of my eyes, and kissed her. I grabbed her passionately, and I'll spare you the details.

"I'm not what you think." I lower my head, ashamed.

"How about we talk in here?" Maddy led me into a small janitor's closet.

"Once, ten years ago, I was walking down the street. it was night time, and I couldn't shake the feeling I was being followed. I heard soft footsteps behind me, but I pretended not to notice. Instead I pretended to call someone, and used that as an excuse to look behind me. There was a man, dressed up in a corduroy jacket, walking menacingly towards me. I saw him move a pocketed hand ever so slightly, and I saw a glint of dark metal.

"I ran, my eyes wide. But then he trained the gun on me. 'Don't move,' he said. I froze, and he asked me to give me my wallet. 'I didn't have my wallet on me,' I said. 'Why don't you put down the gun and go home?' I saw something change in his eyes, and he started to lower the gun. Then, out of my peripheral, I saw his accomplice running towards me. The last thing I remembered was the gun going off.

"I wasn't dead. I felt stronger, more powerful. My senses were heightened, but, most of all, I had these." I willed the horns to raise out of my head, and, sure enough, two dragon horns came out of my head. I willed them on, and an inferno spawned between them.

"I tried hunting, but something happened every time. They wouldn't die, they would become different. I'm a vampire, Maddy."

I leaned forwards, just as I sunk my fangs into her neck.