The search begins 4

As the alarm sounds when Dave re-enters the decontamination chamber before he could even put his sterile suit on. Both doors slammed shut and instantly locks in place, as alarms sounds throughout the facility. Seconds later the alarm changed, and all the doors went on lockdown as the bio scan was triggered. The outside door was the first thing to be locked down then every other door was locked separating every section of the lab.

Dave wondered what the hell was going on, he was just getting back from lunch, and he had not even been back in the lab yet so how could he be contaminated? His first thoughts were that the system must be buggy again. All he knew was this was going to suck and was going to complicate his day. At least he was glad that he had finished his lunch and used the restroom before returning to cleaning. He thought that this must be some kind of mistake he had not been back in the lab, and he had followed the regular procedures that he had been taught just like always. Dave thought great the system is on the fritz again and he wondered just how long it was going to take to fix the system this time. Although something felt different this time and there was the lab and the way it looked, but he was sure that the lab had burned everything he had spent all morning cleaning it up.

It was a good 30 minutes before the first of them arrived at the sight and another 5 minutes for them to gain entrance to the facility and silence the alarm. Dave was glad to have that annoying sound off, he was the last one to be approached. Tim had already been tracked down and held in the room that he had been locked into. Dave was the second to be tracked down and held in place. When they got close enough Dave started to yell and question them.

He was flatly ignored they were studying a screen in front of then they were monitoring the floor seeing a spot here and there. It was easy to see that it was evenly spaced as it was in a footstep it leads directly to the chamber that Dave was in, and it led back to the lunchroom where Dave had sat and eaten. It tracked all the way back to the spot that it had dropped out of his boot and the trail had split as Tim had picked it up without knowing it and took it along the way all the way to outside.

As soon as they had seen that it was leading toward outside it was determined that the call to the general was to be made and inform him that the potential of escape was made. Major Stone stepped up and said, "No we won't be waking the general until we know that it is indeed actually out and alive. I thought you said that they were thoroughly inspected before they were allowed to leave and that the lab had been incinerated."

The head of the lab stepped forward and said, "That was all completed hours ago and everything was secure. It is still undetermined what happened after that."

The search was quickly taken outside the tracker still worked but not as well. They had to assume in spots where to go but it was not that hard to pick the trail back up. It eventually led them to the spot where Tim chose to do his smoking and the glass that had dropped off his shoe. They quickly quarantined the area and carefully collect the sample making sure to get the piece of glass and all the rocks and dirt that it was touching.

It was rushed off to the lab to check and see if any of the agents were released. In the meantime, they had to determine how it got out there and if the carrier or carriers had been contaminated by it. They were both stripped, and every inch was scanned their clothes and boots had been collected. After the scan had shown that neither of their bodies had been contaminated, they both had been cleared as far as the contaminated part goes but that was just the start of the questioning. They demanded to know their every movement from the time they had arrived. It was all correlated by the cameras, it was unknown how it got outside since Dave never went out there and Tim never went into the lab. Then it was put together that their lockers were close to each other. The spot on the sole of Tim's boots stood ought to like a bright light under the scope. It was not till Dave's boot was bent that they truly understood just what happened. When the boot was bent the gash appeared where the glass had pushed in the rubber sole had protected Dave from it. And the rubber had protected it from the heavy sanitizers that Dave had been spreading.