Nightdreams

Harry Potter

I slowly open my eyes, The white streams of moonlight flooding into my eyes, searching for my glasses and put them on. After a few seconds of adjusting to the soft light and dark room I can see.

I sit up and look at the clock. 5:17 am. I sigh, Carefully standing up as my feet hit the old wooden floor. The dorm is still the same, even though it feels like a completely different place since the war.

I honestly thought I would be Happy, that everything would be fine and back to normal as soon as I came back.

It isn't.

I stand still as if I were forgotten where I was going. In fact I am. But not so much as where I'm now going. I'm lost in where I'm going in life.

I sigh and slowly make my way towards the dorm room and softly open and then close it behind me.

Walking downstairs towards the Common room I notice that it's awfully quiet in the night.

I should know by now though, we've been back for almost a month and I havent had a single night of full sleep.

Sometimes I have nightmare's sometimes I just wake up like today, and I know I won't be able to sleep again.

I lay down on the couch and a certain calmness washes over me. But that's the exact opposite of what I actually am.

Ron and Hermione are together, Dean and Seamus, Luna and Neville, everyone is happy. Except for me.

I've given it a lot of thought but I just can't see myself having a wife, or children.

Sometimes when Ron talks about how amazing Hermione is I wonder how he could love a girl that much, How can someone love a female that much?

I mean I love Hermione too, and Ginny. But they're just sister to me and I just couldn't picture myself snogging one of them.

To be completely honest with myself, I couldn't picture myself with any girl for that matter.

~

word count: 336