20-Three

Ritsu's POV

I started at Kasumi. We've been together for years. Well, more specifically we've been married for six years and together a little over ten years. She gently smiled at me.

Rin, our son, toddled up to her. He had my dark red hair and Kasumi's dark green eyes. He grinned, "Mama! I this many now!" He held up three of his tiny fingers.

She smiled enthusiastically, "Oh my gosh! You're three! I guess there will be a lot of people visiting today. What do you think?" He giggled and enthusiastically nodded his head yes.

I know one day he'll withhold the burden I currently have... There's lots of shadows and shadiness you have to deal with in this line of work. I wish I could keep him from it. I brought Kasumi into this, she was the daughter to a very prestigious family. Now she's the wife to a syndicate leader.

The Kasanoda Gumi will one day prevail, maybe. I just hope Rin never gets in too deep. I heard, "-ad? Daddy? Dad?" I looked down at Rin tugging on my pants leg.

I asked, "What is it?" I kneeled down and opened my arms for him. He grabbed tightly onto me and I picked him up.

He said, "Daddy, mama is leaving to get ready! She said that she's about to make my cake!" His eyes held light and so much enthusiasm. I hope you never change, Rin.

I nodded, "I know. Mama's cooking is delicious, right? Mama will make it perfect!"

——-

Rin blew out his candles. After he had eaten some cake he was running around playing tag with Kasumi's brothers and cousin, Mitsukuni. She came over to me and laid her head on my shoulder.

I flinched away and she nodded and simply held my hand. She stated, "I'm sorry, I forgot babe. You've been acting so pain-free."

I nodded, "I'm fine, it still just stings a bit." She gently caressed my hand with her thumb. We both kept an eye on Rin.

She stated, "He's so happy." I nodded and gently smiled. He was giggling at the hosts and the gang playing around with him.

I replied, "Yeah, so many people have his back. Especially us..." I tightened my hand on Kasumi's. She nodded and gently kissed my cheek.

Kasumi's POV ——- (1 week later) ——-

I woke up to a scream. I instantly knew the small voice, it was Rin's. I dashed out of my room and down the hall. Rubber was chasing as well. We reached Rin's room and I flung open the door. Rubber entered and instantly started whining as he slowly wobbled.

I stared at the open window. I ran to the crib. I looked in hoping to see my baby, yet alas he wasn't there. Someone just signed their own death warrant. Whether they are rich or not.

I felt numb staring at the crib. Ritsu isn't even home, he doesn't even know. I sighed and tried to collect my thoughts. I ran through the house, most gang members cautiously peering out of their rooms.

I pulled my phone out of my shorts pocket. I hit in group dial one, the Host Club. I heard it ring and soon enough a few connected.

I ran out the door of my house, Rubber and his youngest pup on my trail. Rubber and Diamond chased after me. I heard, "Guys, why is there a call? It's like 3 am." Mitsukuni.

The twins chimed, "We don't know." My adrenaline kept pumping as I ran.

I stated, "Guys, it's serious! Rin has been kidnapped. I need everyone's help... I can't lose him..."