18 | Memory

Proceed with Caution
***

It was dark, far too dark.

The floors were freezing due to it being made of stone. The surrounding air was as cold as winter. Every breath one made, there would be some smoke.

It was below the freezing point in the cellars.

Yet there was one person down there, all alone, shivering, and freezing.

Choi Raebin.

U-Ugh, where the hell am I? Her head ached as if she got smacked by a frying pan.

She tried moving her arms, but they were weak. Her legs- she saw they had cuts all over them. (Yes, she still has pants. They just got ripped.)

In her mind, the cellar was far too dark for her own good. Her mind began to play tricks on her, making shadows take form and scare her.

Suddenly, her mind clicked a button- replaying memories from many years ago.

Memories that will keep breaking her.

~~~
-3 years old-

"Bring the brat!" Shouted an angry man. "Dear, she's only three. She's still scared of us." Said a woman, who spoke gently as she picked up the girl.

"We kidnapped her a year ago! She shouldn't be a weakling."

"She's three."

"And? Do you think I fucking care?"

The woman sighed, setting Raebin down in front of him. He grabbed her hair harshly, making her cry. "Why did you break the plate?"

"Ashident, ashident!" She cried out, reaching for the woman.

"Accident, my ass." He snapped, tossing her to the floor rashly. She cried out in pain, tears going down her face. "I regret kidnapping her." He groaned, leaving to his room.

~~~
-4 years old-

"RaeRae!" Hyunjin ran to the younger girl, hugging her and  kissing her cheeks. She squealed in surprise, hiding her face with her small, trembling hands.

"Rae, who hurt hands?" Hyunjin took her hands into his own- seeing slight bruises. "N-no one." She stammered quietly, seeing her adoptive dad through the corner of her eye.

"I fell." She simply said. Hyunjin pouted and kissed them better, "There!" He giggled.

~~~
-5 years old -

"No, no leave me." Her lip quivered as she watched Hyunjin leave to school. "I'll be back later." Hyunjin hugged her warmly, and he walked away.

Raebin's adoptive mom simply held the girl back.

They went inside, where the man was drinking carelessly. He scowled drunkly, throwing the glass bottle at the five-year-old girl.

She jumped, avoiding the hit.

Her hands began trembling, which the man noticed. He stood up, stumbling, and he grabbed her wrist in a harmful manner. "Scared of your dad?" He snarled. "N-No sir." She gulped.