Snow Queen

Quiet music, elegant furniture, and dim lights. Emre would never have thought that will sit in this restaurant precisely with her.

With a happy smile on her face, in a white dress that revealed chiseled marble shoulders, with perfect hairstyle and a terracotta scarf on her neck ― the one that Divit had chosen so carefully for so long ― Leyla was especially good this evening and easily graced one of his favorite restaurant of her presence.

Not only graced but also appreciated. For some reason ― Emre hadn't quite figured out why yet ― the girl's opinion suddenly became very, very important to him, while before he had repeatedly missed some of her words.

And how could he?

Always quiet and restrained, with fire in her eyes, Aydin spoke unusually quickly and much after he suggested that she discuss something more pleasant than his relationship with Сan. Allowing himself a little more than usual, Divit looked at her for a long time with a piercingly soft look, after which told her:

"We'll talk about you."

Leyla was embarrassed, but the guy was sure, she was damn glad though she gave no sign. There was a blush on her cheeks, and sparkles of enthusiasm flashed in her lovely blue eyes.

"About me?" she asked again, still doubting that she had heard right.

"You always listen to me," he answered, turning away. "Tell me about how you live."

And Aydin, setting aside an unfinished glass of red wine, began to tell. At first, timidly and hesitantly about Sanem and that they still managed to understand each other and made peace, though not to the end, then more confidently about the mother, about life in the area.

Emre listened to every phrase she said, looking at how she, actively gesticulating, carefully chooses the words so that she could better convey her thoughts to him.

The shining look of big deep eyes and indescribable delight in a pleasant voice. How easily Leyla opens her soul to him, illuminating even the most secluded, remote corners!

And how he would like to open up to her in the same way in response.

With sadness, Divit thought of that is could hardly ever to tell her everything. There is too much in her, in this young girl, naivety, love, and purity. He feels too calm and comfortable, being around. It may be better if she never knows what he did or what he feels for her.

However, in truth, Emre didn't know what that feeling was.

Blond hair, streaming over her shoulders, and a gentle, sincere smile. He looked at Aydin, as if he saw her for the first time, from time to time asking questions, so as not to embarrass her with this unusual, attentive look. They have worked together for so many years, but, Lord, how many lovely features he hasn't notice in her!

Or simply didn't want to notice.

"Emre Bey, are you still listening to me?"

Divit was distracted from his own thoughts, coming down from heaven to earth. Leyla looked at him anxiously and with a little surprised.

"I didn't tire you with my stories?" she asked, trying to hide the note of chagrin in her voice.

The guy shook his head.

"Sorry, lost in thought. Nary," he smiled warmly and, noticing the empty glass in her hands, asked. "Would you like another drink?"

Aydin squinted, slightly tilting her head to the side, and he, not having time to properly comprehend his words, hurried to add: