Prologue

"I heard you're a player. So let's play a game." Geoff smirked slightly, motioning for Awsten to continue.

"Let's sweet talk. Let's play fight. Let's talk all the time. Let's tell each other good morning and good night every day. Let's take walks together. Let's give each other nicknames. Let's hang out with each others' friends. Let's go on dates. Let's talk on the phone all night long. Let's hold each other. Let's kiss and hug."

Awsten smiled sweetly before adding, "And whoever falls in love first. Loses."

"It's a deal."

-

Awsten and Geoff had a mutual disliking for each other, it was no secret. Awsten hated Geoff because he was a fuck boy that didn't care about peoples feelings and Geoff hated Awsten because Awsten hated him. As weird as it sounds, it was the truth. Everyone loved Geoff and the fact that Awsten didn't, got on his nerves. So when he proposed that little bet, it intrigued him. It would be a challenge, but he knew he could get Awsten to fall for him. Or at least that is what he told himself.

-

It was currently lunch and Awsten was sitting on the table farthest from everybody else like he normally did. His best friend Jawn was sitting across from him with a puzzled look on his face. Awsten, confused by Jawns facial expression asked, "What's wrong?" 

"Uhm Geoff's coming over here," The redhead said. Awsten smiled and turned around. "I see you're taking this bet seriously." Geoff took a seat next to Awsten, "It's not that, we never discussed what the winner gets."

"Heartbroken."

Geoff chuckled dryly, "Are you sure you want to go through with this?" Awsten leaned down and whispered in his ear, "Are you sure you want to go through with this?" The brunette very amused by Awsten's action nodded, "Let the game begin."