Chapter 1: Taken

5:03 AM December 3rd, 3016

Lucille awoke at the cries of her 6 month old baby boy, Druid. She rolled over and noticed that he had been much closer than she anticipated. She looked at her husband, King Aberth who was knocked out cold. She looked back at the now floating Druid and realized someone was holding him. Her 8 year old daughter, Emberlyn was at camp with her friend Cathew and his father, Kingsley who was head knight of the castle. Her husband was asleep, so who on earth could have possibly been holding him?

"Who the hell are you?" Lucille ordered.

A long pause, until she heard chuckling. Druid was still crying and the person holding him obviously found this amusing.

"Now, now, is that any way to treat... An old friend?" More chuckles commenced from the man.

"Old friend...? Who are you!" Lucille was becoming furious.

The man stepped into the light and put Druid down on the ground beside him. He had an old grubby white lab coat on with beige trousers. Lucille looked up and saw his face, instantly she recognized him. The wrinkles and greasy appearing skin with the nearly dead eyes.

"D-don't come any closer Haymen! Leave my family alone! You can leave peacefully and I won't tell anyone you came here." Lucille suddenly felt scared.

"Oh.... Now shush darling... No harm is going to come to anyone as long as you agree to my terms." Haymen grinned wide and looked right through Lucille.

"W-what exactly are these terms?" Lucille asked with concern.

"You see, as long as you drink this, I will not hurt your infant, daughter, or husband. But if you do not.. Tsk tsk, bad things will happen." Haymen whispered and held out a bottle with a strange liquid inside.

"Very well then." Lucille took the bottle and held it up, about to drink it.

"Ah ah ah! But first you must know that you will only have two weeks left to see your children. After that you won't remember anything what so ever. Only my demands and orders." He chuckled once more.

"I'll do whatever I can to protect my family. If that's the case, then that is how it shall be." Lucille drank the liquid. It tasted like a mixture of liquor and some other strange thing.

Haymen smiled and nodded in pleasure and disappeared, like he was never there.

Lucille got up and picked up Druid and ran over to his crib. She tucked him in and kisses his forehead, whispering;

"Just remember everything I've done is to protect you. I love you Druid." She got up and went back to bed. When she woke up, she couldn't remember what happened that night.