Chapter 1 - New friend

"We'll choose, Meliny!". The couple said with excitment in their voice.  I knew it, I would never get picked.  "Yeah!!!, New friends.". Meliny the little six year old; Girl said.  Some children were crying, and some people were even excited.  Some of them don't wanna be ripped apart from their orphan friends. and rather not get picked to hang with them.

"For now on Meliny, Call us mommy and daddy". The mother said.  

"I will, mommy!". The little girl said back to them.

This is the kinda thing i wanted, When i was little...

"Thank you for choosing, Now here come with me and sign the paper work". Mrs.Parkington said showing the couple and meliny to her office.  

It was silent until someone broke it.  "Well, I'm glad she has a new family". A boy said.  "Yeah". One of the teens agreed.  I saw everyone flee the Main place, And everyone wen't to their rooms.  Leaving me there with the baby's.  Just some googoogaga's.  

I wen't to the teens girls room as well to find people chatting, Some were getting changed, Some were writting stuff, Some were sad that they didn't get picked.  Usually the kids get picked, Because they want them to grow up with them.  I sat down on my bed staring at the ground with my hands jointed together.  "Why so glum?". A british girl said as she was putting a shirt on.  "Did you want to get picked?".

"Um...No..". I lied.  I just didn't want to sound ?Uncool? for saying i did, Because usually people get picked on for saying that.  "What's your name?". She asked.  "I'm Kaitlyn". I stated.  "And you?". I asked. 

"I'm Alice".  "Hi, Alice". I said.  "Hi, Kaitlyn". She replied.  "Look, I'm going to the woods to do some nature studying. Would you like to join?". She asked.  I love the woods, I practacly live there, I am a coyote after all.  "Yeah, Sure, sounds fun". I said.   "Great, But we have to go out the window, If Mrs.Parkington found us snooping in the woods she'll pull out the old wip". She joked. We chuckled. 

"How do you think i disapear and re appear places secretly?". I said.   "Like Mrs. Parkington said". I added.  

"Oh, Right". She appoligized.  

"Let's go". I pushed. 

She wipped out a back pack where she put a notebook, Magnifying glass, Bunoculars, Disecting stuff.  "Where's your stuff?". She asked. "I don't need it, I've learned to look at nature, Without hurting it with tools". I replied, I needed to sound brainyt, I heard british people were quite smart.

We wen't out the window and went into the woods near by.  "Don't you just love the outdoors, The colors?". She asked.  "Of course, I practacly live in nature". I said.  "Me too". She replied. 

"I really doubt it". I whispered.  

We walked into the bright woods where Alice started taking pictures of birds that flew by. 

"This is new". She said pointing to a small cave built into a small hill.  "When i came here yesterday it wasn't here". She stated.  

I made that at midnight last night.  I wanted a place to hang when i was bored, or lonely. Which is everyday..But still, I needed a place to chill.  "This is good material". She started taking pictures of the structure and what was inside..."Well that's weird?"...."Theres a doll in here, Like a baby doll". She said pulling the doll out of the small cave which the doll was covered in dirt, One eye popped out, Shredded clothes, And hair loss.  "Why would there be a doll in here, Unless an animal took it back here and protected it?". She assumed. "Maybe". I said.  That's my doll, It was before my parents died in the crash, They gave me that before they left.  I was with my aunt when i heard the news.  She comitted suicide after she heard, And the orphanage took me in.  This doll helped me through it all.  

"Well, Maybe we should throw it away?-". I cut her off by saying "But, Maybe we should leave it here, Just in-case it gets angry, Theres an orphanage near by they probable know". I said rushing her away from the cave throwing the doll back in. "Your acting a little suspitious?". She said.  OH GOD SHE KNOWS, SHE KNOWS EVERYTHING.  "Eh, Let's go, I'll show everyone in the orphanage about this". She started walking away and so did i.

We made it back to the orphanage where Alice started showing her friends the pictures she took. 

"Thanks for coming with....Friends?". She asked.   "Sure". I said.

"How old are you by the way?". She asked.  "I'm 16, How about you?". I asked.  "Same". She said.  "Well, See you later". She said leaving the room.  Friend, After being here for like..Ever. A friend.  Cool.