Chapter 5

The song above is Avery & Yazz's song
( Real Song - Empire Cast Sierra McClain & Yazz - Nobody Else But You )

Yazz looked at me waiting for an answer. I mean of course I would like to perform with him, it would be a really big deal for me...but I don't want my bestie to feel some type of way. I know how much it would've meant to her. It means a lot to me too but... I don't even know. Decisions, decisions.

" Sooooooo what do you say?" Yazz asked again

" Ok I'm in. But can we not say anything until we have to?"

" Ard, I'm cool with that. We ain't gotta say nothing.. ima let my managers know that you're in." He says and walks away.

I went back over to where Tray & Jade were and before I could say anything Jade asked what happened.

" Oh nothing.. he was just telling me about the song." I said

" Oh ok. Y'all like it?" She asks

"Yaaass girl. It's hot!!" I said enthusiastically.

About 15 minutes later, we were told that we could leave. So we all went to Yazz & Tray's house. Yazz & I decided that we were going to make a new song to perform.

" Well I'm hungry and I'm not cooking anything so I'm about to walk to the pizza store right quick. Y'all want something?" Tray asked

" Ooo pizza that sounds good.. get some hot wings too." I said throwing Tray the money for the wings.

He threw the money back to me.
" What you giving me that for?" He asked with a blank look on his face.

" What y'all niggas got the munchies or something? Y'all got high while me & Jade were making the song?" Yazz says laughing.

" Highhh? Who smokes?" I asked.

" ME." Jade & Yazz said simultaneously.
They laughed.

" I do.. sometimes." Tray said laughing

I gasp. " When did my best friend turn to the dark side?" I said jokingly

" Byeee Av, you know you get high too." Jade said jokingly.

" Yeah A, don't try to lie. We caught you." Tray says laughing. " Let me go to this store tho.. cause I'm hungry."

" Aight.. we're about to go down to the studio to see if we can get this song popping... just yell down when you get back if we're still down there." Yazz said

" Well ima come with you." Jade said as they walked outside.

We walked down to the studio and I started thinking of things in case Yazz didn't have anything. But before I could come up with anything, Yazz started talking about something.

" Nobody Else But You, you like the name of that? It's kinda like a romantic vibe going around, ima let you hear what I got so far." He said

He let me hear what he had so far and it sounded hot, I had to keep up with it, especially because it was the song we would be performing. I started coming up with things & he started bringing more heat and it just sounded BOMB. We got done really quick, so we just kept going over it to make sure we had it right.

" YASSS that's ITTTT Yazz!" I said excitedly and giving him a big hug.

He laughed. " Yeaaa it is!" He said hugging me again. " But I wanna go over it one more time."

" Aight cool, let's do it." I said excitedly.

We started going over it and we were definitely feeling it. Before I knew it our bodies were basically touching and then his lips were on mine. Right after that Tray called down and the music had stopped.

We walked back upstairs to see that Tray & Jade brought 20 wings & 2 large pizzas.

" Now whooo is going to eat all of this food?" I said laughing. " Y'all must've got high while y'all were out.. mhm y'all aren't slick." I laughed

" I mayyy have rolled one blunt." Jade says laughing.

After we ate & joked around, Yazz & Tray got a important call from someone so they had to go somewhere. After they left Jade & I went home. When we got in I went to my room, I couldn't stop thinking about the song, it was just sooo hot. I can't wait to perform it. While I was thinking about the song, it brought my mind to what happened in the studio. Yazz was ALL over me, I don't know if it was just the music that made him feel that way or what.. but I low key liked it.