39

MICHIKO'S POV
As part of the Allied Shinobi Forces, I wore the headband that they gave us and also wore an unzipped flak jacket instead of the full standard uniform. I walked around the camp in order to bring boxes to the medical tent and was stopped by a guy, but I was confused when he just stood there and smiled at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"No, but let me help you with those." He said as he took the boxes from me.

"I had it under control." I huffed as I led him to the tent.

"Yeah, but these looked way too heavy for you." He chuckled.

"I'm stronger than I look!" I insisted.

"I bet. So, you're a medic?"

"Pretty much."

"I'll be sure to come to you after battle."

"Well, I'll probably heal you on the battlefield."

"I thought medics don't go to the front lines..."

"I'm one of the exceptions."

"Impressive, but don't worry, I'll keep you safe."

"I don't need protection." I glared.

"I'm pretty strong since I'm from the Hidden Cloud. Where are you from?"

"The Hidden Leaf."

"I didn't know they had such beautiful kunoichi. What's your name?"

"Michiko Senju."

"Y-You're the princess? I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to offend you." He babbled.

"Why the sudden personality change?" I laughed.

"Well, it's not every day that I get to make a good impression on a legend. You're one of Lord Hashirama Senju's relatives, right?"

"Yup, he's my grandfather."

"It's an honor to meet you."

"How?" I laughed.

"He was an amazing man and you're a legend."

"I guess."

"What Company are you in?"

"Formally, I'm in the Fifth Company, but I've been given authorization to fight as I see fit."

"You're that skilled?"

"That's what I've been told. Apparently my Wood Style will be very useful, my sealing jutsu are strong, my medical ninjutsu will be needed on the battlefield, and my strength is one of our secret weapons. Plus, I'm a Sensor."

We arrived at the medical tent and he put down the box as I went over the supply list.

"So... Is there anything I can do for you?" He blushed.

"Hey, Michiko." Satoura greeted as he walked in with Jiro and Kenji.

"These are my brothers, Satoura, Jiro, and Kenji." I introduced.

"Who's this, Baby Sis?" Kenji asked.

"I-I'm from the Hidden Cloud."

"He was helping me with the boxes." I said.

"Since when did you need hel- Oh..." Kenji realized with a smirk.

"Good luck." Satoura laughed as he patted the guy's back.

***

War had officially broken out, so I was assigned to work in the medical camp. After I finished healing my wounded, I went over to Sakura's tent.

"Need anything?" I asked.

"No thanks."

"How're you holding up?"

"It's difficult seeing such damage, but I'm managing. How do you remain so calm?" She frowned.

"It's a medical ninja's duty to remain calm. But, I guess I'm just used to this."

"How?"

"As an ANBU, you see a lot of things..."

"I just can't believe that this is really war."

"Me neither, but all we can do is our job."

"You're right."

"Stay strong, Haruno." I giggled.

"You too, Senju."

We gave each other encouraging smiles, then I checked in on the other tents to make sure the other medics were fine and not in need of anything. After I figured that everything was fine, I decided to go talk to Shizune, but then a new wave of injured shinobi showed up, so I immediately went back to work. I healed as many as I could, then other medics came to help because I was needed for surgeries. After I finished the few surgeries that I needed to perform, I sat down and took a break since I had just used a lot of chakra.

"You okay?" Shizune asked.

"Yeah, just catching my breath." I assured.

"Here." She said.

I looked up and accepted the water the she was offering me, then quickly drank it.

"What's on your mind?" She asked as she sat next to me.

I looked around the tent at all of the soldiers that were resting, then I let out a heavy sigh.

"I hope this war ends quickly." I said.