34

MICHIKO'S POV
I smiled as Tsunade ate and filled her in on everything except the Allied Shinobi Force since Kakashi said that he'd tell her.

"So you took over Hokage business?" She asked in surprise.

"Yes, I felt like it was the least I could do to make it up to everyone."

"What are you talking about?"

"She blames herself for your coma and the destruction of the Leaf. She even feels responsible for Sasuke leaving." Shizune said.

"Is that true, Michiko?" Tsunade asked me.

"Yes." I quietly said as I looked down.

"Look at me." She said as she stopped eating.

I looked up at her with uneasiness because I didn't know how she would react.

"Sasuke left because of Orochimaru's hold on him, but now he's been engulfed by the Uchiha curse of hatred. The village was destroyed due to a jutsu used by the Akatsuki. I went into a coma because I chose to pour all of my chakra into keeping the villagers safe." She firmly stated.

"But if I had just gotten to you quicker-"

"How would you have stopped him?"

"I don't know..."

"Exactly, don't beat yourself up. Besides, I'm very impressed and grateful that you graciously handled Hokage business in order to keep some order in this situation." She comforted as she began eating again.

"Thank you." I blushed.

"Lady Katsuyu told me that you created a new form of medical ninjutsu. She told me that you healed eight people at once using chakra strings."

"Oh, yeah. I kind of came up with it on the spot." I blushed as I scratched my head.

"Her and her brothers also learned the Flying Raijin Jutsu." Shizune added.

"The one used by our great uncle and the Fourth Hokage?" She asked.

"Yup."

"Good job." She smiled.

She continued to wolf down her food and I laughed, then we freaked out when she eyed Tonton because we feared that Tsunade would eat her, then Kakashi came in. He explained the new situation and the war, then I was even invited to sit in on the council and was glad to see Shikamaru there as well. I sat next to Tsunade and began reviewing our supplies and listened to the discussion.

'I can't believe it's actually come to this.' I sadly thought.

Despite my sadness, I was attentive during the meeting, then silently swore to myself that I would do everything in my power so that we'd win this war.

***

Naruto and I were helping around the village when Konohamaru, Udon, and Moegi approached us.

"Hey, Naruto." Konohamaru greeted.

"What's up?"

"We came to see if Michiko Sensei needed help with anything." Moegi said.

"We're helping out by transporting supplies." Udon added.

"Michiko... Sensei?" Naruto asked in confusion.

"Oh right, I never told you. Whenever Ebisu was busy, I took over his team." I told him.

"That's so cool."

"Thank you."

I gave them an assignment to bring supplies to some builders, then Naruto and I continued our walk.

"Is it true that you're an ANBU?" He asked.

"How'd you know?"

"When Pain attacked, you were wearing the ANBU uniform."

"I completely forgot that I was. But yes, I'm an ANBU."

"That's so awesome!" He grinned.

"Thanks." I giggled.

We helped out for a while, then went to get ramen.

"Naruto?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think Sasuke will ever be back to his old self?" I asked.

"I don't know, but I'm gonna try to bring him back. But, at least with you... He still wants you around."

"Only because I'm his link to Itachi." I sighed.

"How?"

"When we were little, I trained with Itachi and we were all close."

"So you knew Itachi personally?"

"Yup, he was so nice and caring."

"Really?"

"Yeah, he was like a brother to me too."

"I never knew that."

"I thought I told you. But, anyways, I grew up with Sasuke and I was around his family pretty often."

"What were they like?"

"Well, Itachi was awesome. He always played with us and helped with training. His mother was so sweet and her and my mother always hung out since they were best friends. His dad was pretty harsh on him, though. Other that, I guess his dad was pretty cool, he joked around and called me his daughter sometimes. He always tried to spoil me a bit too." I remembered with a small smile.

"No way."

"Yes way." I giggled.

"I never would've known."

I couldn't help but smile at my memories, then we continued to chat as we ate.