Welcome To The Family!

The next day I wake up to my phone ringing loudly in my ear.

"Hello?" I ask groggily.

"Hey Emma, I was wondering if you wanted to come to a team dinner tonight?" Alex said quietly through the phone.

"I would love to! What time is it?" I ask as I'm now fully awake.

"We are meeting at Texas Roadhouse at 5. Do you want to meet there or do you want me to come and get you?" Alex asks as some other voices come through the phone faintly.

"Can you come and get me since I don't know where it is?" I ask.

"Of course! I'll come and snag you at 4:30. Bye Em!" Alex says with a smile.

"Bye Alex!" I say back and I hang up and get out of bed and see that it's 9 am.

I pick out ripped jeans, a black and white stripped t shirt, and white converse. I hop in the shower to wash my hair, body, and face and to shave my legs. After my shower, I get dressed and brush my teeth and head down the hall into the kitchen to grab a bagel for breakfast. I decided to let my hair air dry since I don't need to start getting ready until 3:30. I pretty much just relax and watch some Netflix to pass the time.

When I start getting ready, I start with my make up and do some concealer, a neutral kind of smoky eye, baby winged liner, fill in my brows, bronzer, and highlight then I set my face with a setting spray. I put deodorant, perfume, and lotion on and put my converse on. As I finish tying my shoes, my doorbell rings and I open to door to see Alex in jeans and a t shirt.

"You look beautiful, as always." Alex says with a smile on his face and gives me a hug,

"Why thank you! You look pretty handsome yourself." I say while going to put on my coat and grab my phone and wallet.

On the way to Texas Roadhouse Alex and I were jamming in the car. I snapchatted a bit of it, and we just caught up on what has been going on in our lives since we last saw each other. When we get there, the first people we see are Javin, Jack, and Marques.

"Damn, someone's looking cute!" Marques says and I start posing like a super model.

"Thank you! Y'all are looking handsome!" I say and give the three boys a hug and we head into the restaurant.

I follow Marques and Javin to a large table that has probably 15 guys at it and they erupt when they see us, but I don't think that they can see me though. I just stand next to Alex as the boys go and greet everyone and we all sit down.

"So Alex, who's this beautiful lady next to you?" Jack asks and smiles at me as I blush from the compliment.

"This is Emma Rose." Alex says and puts an arm around me and I hide my face in his shoulder because I don't like to be the center of attention when I don't know a lot of the people around.

"Are you the girl that was playing horse with Nolan and Scheyer?" One of the boys ask.

"Yes, I was. I've never beaten both Nolan and Scheyer in horse in the five years that I've been coming here." I say with a small smile on my face.

"You are pretty good at basketball. I'm Cameron but you can call me Cam." Cam says and shoots me a smile from across the table.

"Thank you Cam!" I say with a smile and look at Alex because he shoved him elbow in my ribs.

"Why don't we introduce ourselves to Emma?" Javin says and looks around and everyone shakes their heads. The boys I do know just say pass when it gets to them.

"I'm Zion Williamson, it's nice to meet you Emma." Zion says and I have a confused look on m face.

"I've heard about you. Your a very good player, Zion." I say and smile at him and he smiles back.

"Thank you, Emma." Zion says and looks at his teammate next to him.

"I'm RJ Barrett, I love your work!" RJ says with a big smile on his face.

"Thank you!" I say and give him a big smile back.

"I'm Joey Baker! It's nice to meet you, Emma." Joey says with a smile.

"I'm Tre Jones! It's nice to meet you, Emma!" Tre says with a smile.

"It's nice to meet you all!" I say with a smile on my face, looking around the table at the team that uncle Mike put together. During dinner, we were all talking like we had known each other for years. It was nice to make some friends that aren't trying to be my friend because I have money or because of my parents or uncle Mike. We all exchanged numbers after dinner and I got put into a group chat with the boys that is quite interesting. After dinner, Alex brought me back to my apartment and I thanked him for bringing me to dinner. I spent a couple hours talking to the boys in the group chat and I was put into a group chat with the freshmen. I got ready for bed and watched some Supernatural on Netflix till I fell asleep. I think this is the start to a great season....