Concussion

We finally reached New York, the familiar city made me almost forget I was concussed.

Almost.

The jet finally landed and I stayed leaning against Steve as my vision blurred again.

The cargo door opened as the jet went backwards, ready to go to the hanger.

Dr. Cho and her nurses rushed in, taking Clint with them. Nat followed.

A few more nurses came with another gurney and Steve laid me on it. 

"I'll be in in a few minutes." Steve promised.

I nodded and laid down, blackness threatening to take me.

I was brought into a dark room, which I was thankful for. The light had been making my head hurt worse since it happened.

On the brink of passing out, the nurses gently took care of me. They rolled me to lay on my left side, a barf bag on hand. One nurse took care of the back of my head, which had been cut open by the cement wall. Getting the stitches hurt, but not too bad. 

Another nurse checked my eyes and began to help me with my huge headache. 

When they were done, they made sure I was comfortable while I recovered a bit. When my headache lessened in pain, I tried to sit up, only to be gently laid back down.

"Please be careful, Mrs. Rogers. You've been concussed. That takes a while to heal." a nurse informed me.

"I just want to see my husband." I groaned.

She sighed. "I will have someone fetch him. You shouldn't get up, it will only make things worse." 

"Fine..." 

The nurse, who's name I now knew as Jenna, helped me get comfortable. She offered to help me with whatever I needed, but I insured her I was fine.

Steve walked in and sat beside me. "Hey, how are you doing?"

"I feel...really bad." I groaned.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine in no time."

Steve brushed his hand gently through my hair, being very careful with my injury. 

"I'm tired..." 

"You should get some sleep. It will help speed up the healing process a little more." Steve held my hand. "I'll stay right here."

I nodded and closed my eyes. "Thank you."