Part 1

A sudden horn blares nearby, forcing you out of your half sleep half awake state to look out the window of the slowly moving car. It's late at night, suitcases and boxes filled the car and the trailer, being hauled behind your parents' car. Your mom fell asleep in the passenger's side and your dad looked out the front window. The traffic slowly sped up, and you watched the darkened world through your window, watching as the buildings turn into apartments and housing units. You shifted in your uncomfortable spot. Your legs propped up on the jagged edge of a box in front of you, and you felt the car pull off the road and come to a stop. You looked out the window to see an apartment building standing tall, with a few different floors.

"Y/n, we're here." Your dad calls back to you. You struggle for a second to get out of your car, but you open the door and stretch your legs out, taking the whole view of your new home. Your dad handed you the new keys to the place. "Its apartment eight, top floor." Your dad walked to the passenger's side and woke up your mom as you ran up to the front door of the apartment until your dad yelled after you.

"Wait, y/n, take something with you!"

You groan in response, and run back and pull a box out of the car and run into the apartment. You run up the stairs and unlock the door and look into the apartment. It wasn't the biggest, but it wasn't a shoe closet. It was enough for a family of three. You placed the box down near the front door and wandered around the rooms. The door opened right into the living room, the kitchen was to the right, and a hallway to the left. You wandered down the hallway. The first door on your left opened to a bathroom, and the next was on your right and opened into a bedroom. It was a good sized bedroom. The last door opened to another bedroom which was slightly bigger than the other. The ceiling was slightly higher and strangely had a small loft that was only a few feet wide, probably enough to crawl across but wasn't tall enough to walk. From what you could see, there was a door up there, there wasn't a ladder leading to the small platform. you heard your parents shuffle into the apartment and the clatter of boxes and things being placed around the entrance. you walked out of the room and helped your parents bring the rest of the boxes up.

your parents decided to move the bigger furniture and some boxes in tomorrow, so you camped out in your room using boxes to build some sort of weird lopsided structure. You were rolling out a blanket and getting ready for bed when you heard something outside. You walked over to your window and peered out to see a group of kids running around outside some trying to hush the others and some laughing the night away as they made their way down the street.

You glance at your small clock you propped up on a box,

10:32 PM

The thought of joining them flashed in your mind but you shook its way and just laid down in your small fort, listening to the group disappeared down the street. You looked up at the sheets of your bed that you draped across your few boxes and swiftly fell asleep.