Part 4

Your eyes slowly blink open to see the darkness of your room, rubbing your eyes you slowly get out of your small fort. You could hear the city faintly through the walls of the apartment, the tick of your clock sitting next to your blown out candle, and the slight tap of something you weren't quite sure what it was. Your eyes finally adjust to the darkness of your room, you yawn as you check if the small taps where coming from your window and five has snuck out and came to say hi. The window was clear of anyone, you turned to listen to the small taps straining your ears for anything to echo into your mind. Using the taps you found where they were coming from, using your dresser and sliding it across your room to the small opening in the loft crawl-way was. You grabbed your jacket from a box and climbed up following the sound you open the small door in the crawl way and kept crawling. You pushed open some sort of lid and step out of the small tunnel, looking around you found yourself on the roof of your building. Looking over other housing units and small shops, seeing the lights from the city bounce off everything it took your breath away. You hugged your jacket closer to your body subconsciously as a cool breeze rippled through the air, looking across the street to the academy.

You see a faint light in Alison's room, smiling to yourself, you look around the roof. You feel the gravel under your feet causing small welcomed chills through your body, the small breeze soothing any uneasiness to a faint memory, the sounds of cars rolling down streets calmed every nerve in your body, the breeze smells faintly of the lake nearby. You looked over the city you have started to live in for the past few days. You closed your eyes and felt smelled and listened to the world around, the world not knowing that you were listening. As you listened to the city your eyes shot open and you turned around sharply. As soon as you turned around you saw Five standing there a tired expression stretched across his features, but his eyes were filled with emotions as he looked at you standing there in your pyjamas and jacket wrapped around you tightly.

He shot a raised eyebrow towards you, "what are you doing?" he didn't move, his voice was filled with sleep, but yet you knew he already knew what you were doing.

"Just feel it." you looked around the city at the light coming from people being awake and from the small rim of the sun that peeked around the horizon. The two of you stood there for who knows how long till the slight shift of the gravel under your feet broke you out of your thoughts.

You looked over at five and caught his eye and smiled, "thank you."

"I just stood here and did nothing" was all he said as he looked back at the academy

"Sure, yeah right. Wanna come in and get warm?" He didn't look back at you but he shook his head. "Alright, have a goodnight and go get warm it's getting a bit chilly." You started to walk towards the small lid of the crawl-way.

"(y/m), can I ask you a weird question?" Five looked over at you as you turned to face him, only nodding your head, "when were you born?" Five looked strange, different, something was off about him.

"October second"

"And your sister?" you must have had made a face before you could form an answer in your head five jumped in again. "Trust me, I just want to figure something out real quick"

"October first, and yes my mom was one of those women but you see my mom wasn't lumped into that group of women." you looked over the horizon tracing the fade from dark blue to orange with your eyes. "She was already pregnant with me, she had my sister and then went into normal labor with me. She had me at 1:17 AM of the second." you glanced over back to Five, his features told it all. You turned away and heard the sound of him spacial jumping probably to go back to his bed and not worry about you. You crawled back into you room, the candle on your table unlit sat there looking depressed without its light. You grabbed the lighter lit the candle and sat there through the rest of the night watching the flame dance in the dim light that broke through your curtains. You waved your hand over the candle feeling the warmth run deep into your skin, not quite enough to hurt but enough for you to hover your hand higher. 

Sorry this was a short story I just wanted to ya know to do something so I stayed up to 3;58 AM that's the time right now to finish this.