Chapter 1, P5 - Private matters

Arthur investigated Ryuu's body thoroughly: prodding and sniffing to observe each reaction. With a slight tinge of red decorating his muzzle, the wolf dodged the tongue inches away from his body, trying to pretend that the husky's actions weren't incredibly annoying and embarrassing.

"Can you stop?"

Arthur huffed in frustration, attempting to remove his clothes to fully see whether his body had healed sufficiently for himself. "No, I need to be sure that you're able to actually leave your bed! What if the nurse overlooked something?"

The wolf pushed him away with a paw to the face. "I've been resting for three hours. School is over; we can go home. Do you want me to stay here all day or something?"

Arthur pointed at the panda currently staring at them in silence. "Nova, tell him that he must rest! He's probably thinking about attending afternoon clubs!"

"I mean, he knows better than any of us if he can go," the panda replied nonchalantly. "As long as he doesn't do anything but sit in he should be fine."

Ryuu had slept for about four hours, all the way past morning class. It was about two in the afternoon now, so clubs would have already started. Meanwhile, due to the lack of many teachers in the school, the other classes were being held for other students, as Arthur had informed him as they waited for Ryuu to awaken.

"Whose side are you on?!" He retorted, clearly upset.

"I'm just saying what I think!"

Ryuu sighed. "I can't go even if I wanted to. I need to go home."

Nova noticed the serious tone of the last sentence. It sounded as though there were to be consequences if something didn't happen. "Why?"

"I need some time alone..." He continued, preparing his bag. "I'm sorry to do this twice, but I can't show you around."

"It's fine!" The panda waved his paws in front of him. "We can check it out tomorrow!"

"If I weren't busy with my work today I would've done it for you," the husky apologized even though no one asked him to.

"Arthur, it's not your job," he reminded him. "You don't need to keep assisting me all the time."

"But I want to!" He shouted, helping him stand from the bed.

"Sure, whatever." Ryuu muttered as he slung his bag on his back. "See you tomorrow."

Nova peeked over Arthur's shoulder in confusion. "Why is he upset now?"

He shrugged. "That's just his usual grumpy reaction; don't worry about it. Ryuu is the type of guy that wants to do everything by himself. As always, whenever I help too much he thinks that he's useless and instantly pushes everyone away."

The panda nodded. "I can understand that."

"He's trying so hard not to show it," the husky giggled. "But his defeat is totally affecting his mood."

Nova glanced away with embarrassment, feeling as if he were one of the causes. "I'm sorry."

"Don't say that. I was totally gonna jump in after you." He picked up both bags, handing Nova's to him. "Guess it's time to go home as well. Where do you live?"

"Uh, if I remember correctly, Bernard Street..?" The panda mused.

"Oh wait, is that the area beside the mall?"

"I...think I saw one on the way here?"

"That's good. You're not really that far. You can either take a bus that brings you to the mall and walk home or pay some extra fees to go straight home by the school bus."