Chapter 1

It's four weeks until the end of school for the year. This year has gone so fast and it has been a pretty good year too. We have tests coming up and we have a school disco party thing going on the last day of school.

Tomorrow is Chelsea's party. Chelsea is my best friend. She is always here for me like I am for her. I have known Chelsea since primary school. I do everything with her. In year 7 we had out little faults because of all the new girls seemed to want to be friends with one of us and not the other. But all that was in the parts and we are both over that phase and life is back how it used to be. Well that's what I thought anyway...

~~~~~~

I'm sitting here in class and looking up at the clock. 5 minutes until the home bell rings. I look back down at my work. I've finished but I'm not aloud to make a noise so I am gonna just have to sit here and wait for the bell. I look across the room at Chelsea and I realize that she is passing notes to Mia. Mia is the one of the people that stole Chelsea off me in year 7. Mia is the most popular girl in year 9. I look over to see who is sitting in the other chair next to Chelsea. It is Trent. He is the hottest and most popular guy in the school. I look away. *DING DING DING* the bell rang. I collected up my stuff and rushed out the class room whilst giving the teacher my work. I run straight to my locker and quickly pack my bag to leave. I turn around to leave but Kira and Mia and standing behind me. Kira is Mia's best friend and she is really popular. "We were wondering if you would like to come clothes shopping with us and Chelsea in two hours" Mia said in her stubborn and sweet heart voice. "Yeah sure" I said quickly and rush off home.

I open the front door. Jack my little brother runs towards me and gives me a huge hug. "MUMMY CRYSTAL IS HERE!" Jack screamed out in his little cute voice. "Honey come set the table." Mum called out to me. I slowly take off my black leather school shoes and walk towards the kitchen. I stop. Everything is so quiet. No one is even in the kitchen and jack isn't right behind me like he always is. Although everything is oddly different I'm still going to set the table as I was ordered to do by my mum.

"Mum I've finished setting the table is there anything else you would like me to do?" I call out hoping my mum was able to answer. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. No answer. "STOP MUMMY PLEASE!" I hear jack scream out. The voice is coming from the back yard. Run as fast as I can out to the back yard. I'm to late. I see my little brother. Just stuck there. Tied to the big oak tree. He is purple. I run up to him in tears. "JACK!" I scream and fall down to my knees. I feel a tap on my shoulder. I slowly turn my head and see mum standing behind me. "Sweety dinner is ready" mum said to me In her normal sweet voice. "What did you do to him!" I yell at her still bawling my eyes out with tears. Mum turns around "come and eat your dinner darling before it gets cold." After what she just did to Jack I better not argue with her and get on her bad side so I decide to follow her to the dining room to have dinner.

After dinner I went back outside to see if Jack is still tied to the tree which he should be. I start to make my way to the tree but I could feel someone breath their cold breath onto my bare neck. "Honey you shouldn't be out here in the cold." The voice said. I quickly turned around and faced mum.