Chapter 5

They came out with a bold plan after a few hours of discussion in the reading room. Their plan was set in mind. If the main plan doesn't work, they still had some back up plans as cover in case anything unexpected happen.

All they had to do for the time being was to train Via and Jason. Jason was good at fighting. He had fighting skills but he needed to improve it to the expert level. He's still an amateur and not as professional as King Philip's best soldier, Sir Ralph.

On the other hand, Via was still a beginner in fighting even though she's good in archery. She even had her own bow and arrow. Everything started from seven years ago when she was ten. Leon made it for her as a special tenth birthday gift. 

He taught her how to shoot arrows and trained her every evening, after he returned from work, in the forest behind their home. After months of training, Via had finally mastered it. But unfortunately, Leon did not get the chance to teach her self-defence. He always wanted to do so but never got the time because he was always busy finding sources to live.

All the three of them exited the reading room. King Philip had offered his best soldier to teach Via fighting skills but Jason had offered to help. Via refused his offer, "I want to learn from the best,"

"I am the best of the best," Jason claimed.

"No. You're definitely not. Stop boasting about yourself! I still want to learn from Sir Ralph," she walked away to her room.

Jason did the same, while King Philip was busy helping his people. 'Stop boasting about yourself!' Her words lingered in his mind. Boasting?! Did I? He shrugged off the thought from his mind and shut the door of his room.

X

X

X

X

X

The next day, Via and Jason started their training with Sir Ralph in the kingdom's battlefield. Sir Ralph was the best soldier that King Philip have ever hired. His father was a soldier too and they both were faithful, loyal and honest towards the King.

His father died when he first joined the royal's army. He decided to continue his ancestor's legacy by joining the army to serve for the King. He was a strict and serious kind of man when he found out about his father's death. But deep inside, no one knows who he truly is or how he really is. It remained secret for years since then.

Both Via and Jason were serious while training. Their focus never got distracted by anything surrounding them. And each new step they learn, it remained in their mind. They are fast learners. 

When dusk approached, they freshen up themselves and Via chose to relax in the bath tub. Yesterday she was happy with her family. The next day, she's in a different place. Far from home, far from her family even though she was just staying there to stay healthy and alive.

X

X

X

X

X

King Marcus was spying on Via with his beloved, beautiful and most attractive witch, Gillian, for a few weeks now. She tried to seduced him at the same time while slaving herself for him. "You're so beautiful Gillian," the King said.

"I always am," she replied. Gillian traced her finger along the King's jaw, then her finger got to his lips and she traced along it. 

"I'm going to keep you for myself," he told her. "Let me show your new room," he brought her to a another room. This one was much bigger than the current that she was using. Finally, he fell under my spell.