Vocaloid.co

Oliver's POV

"So, you like Vocaloid, huh. Well ever wondered where the famous Vocaloids are made? Well, no where you will ever see with the naked eye. Vocaloid.co is where you could say the Vocaloids live, make their music, videos, and more..."I started to walk further and further from the giant screen playing the same commercial at 8:00 a.m. Every morning the same old same old. But all the other Vocaloids seem perfectly fine with it. Not a care in the world. But I would have no one to talk to about it. I am the nuisance. 

Vocaloids look at me and think I'm strange. That I am someone not to be reckoned with. They see what I look like, and the kind of music I sing. I am either laughed at, or hated, and sometimes, people are afraid of me. I try my best to stay away from the rest of the Vocaloids. I just hope some day there is a Vocaloid that is like me sprouts. What I mean by "Sprouts" I mean come out of the pod. The "Mother" most Vocaloids say. Every year, another Vocaloid comes out of the pod. New and hip music for people in the real world to enjoy. 

Not only do I hate the fact that the Vocaloids don't approve of me, but that we have a large screen at the center of Vocaloid.co that shows the number of views and likes for each and every Vocaloid to see. Not only are Vocaloids gloating to each other, but they feel bad if they do not think they do not get enough popularity. It makes me sick. I never want to see that screen now and never in the future. 

It was getting pretty late and the sky was turning a dark blue. I found it quite interesting that a sun goes down even in Vocaloid.co. Well, an artificial light form. I get to the elevator, and wait inside for a few minutes. Because of there being so many Vocaloids, there are many floors I have to pass in order to get to my room. The white elevator dings and the doors open quickly, but quietly. I take the circular key out of my pocket and unlock my room. I open the door to see my small luxury. I bedroom with a king sized bed, a small kitchen, and a bathroom across the bedroom. There was a small desk next to my bed with papers and note sheets spread out. Along with my violin spread across the papers on the desk. But I couldn't care less about my disorganization. I flop onto my bed after a busy day. Today I went to a private work room. It is big and white. Nicely polished floors with nothing but a chair and a desk In the corner of the room. It was in the middle of the room when I first got here, but I moved it because I liked the protective feeling near walls. 

I was working on more songs. Every once in a while I would take my violin inside so I could practice. Lately I have been practicing other instruments as well. Like the flute, and the accordion. There is one song I have been working on using all three instruments. Seems impossible, but nothing like a bit of computer work to make it happen. I mean, that is all this place is run on. It is how we create our transition of clothing, vocal sounds, etc. 

I am the only Vocaloid that is interested in real instruments. The others just want synthesizers, because it is the "in" thing. I may use them as well, but I add in instrumental solos along with them. But sometimes I just wonder. Why are we doing this? I don't understand how or why we are here, but I want to figure it out. No one would believe me when I say we used to be "real". But I can't help but wonder, did we have a life before this one? I stopped thinking about it and got changed for bed. I put on a long sleeved shirt and soft shorts, then I tucked myself into bed. 

---

I wake up instantly to hear my alarm clock beeping loudly. I guess this means just another day working on my song. I have to bring my instruments today so I can practice. I get up out of bed and grab my violin, flute, and accordion and put them all in one big bag. I left the room not having a care in the world if I was still in my night shorts and long sleeve shirt. At least I got my shoes on. I may not wear shoes in my original design, but that doesn't mean I never wear shoes. I get to my secret work room and lock the door behind me. I pulled out my accordion and started playing the first part of the song. 

"Fëj lućîna tis cœllj, Jût am papiÿon es, tîve ein, Boumônd vuß kou läment..." I sang while playing the accordion. But stopped when I heard people running and talking loudly outside. I put my instrument down and opened the door. I saw the Luka, Flower, and Rin running in the same direction as...the "Mother". I saw Yohio, Len, and Kaito running over while talking to each other as well. I looked down at my left inner wrist to see that it was beeping and glowing green. That means there is a gathering at the front of Vocaloid.co. I got there to see over one thousand different Vocaloids gathered in the same place. 

I was most excited to see who it might be, because I want to know if I could find someone that is like me. The pod was foggy so I couldn't quite see who the new Vocaloid is. Then, the door opened and revealed a tall red haired boy with a big top hat on his head. The hat seemed to have a face. He had a red cross over his nose, and a distorted eye, but not just his eye, but almost half of his body, of what I could see. When he looked at the Vocaloids crowding around him, he let out a big smile. The smile was sly and devilish. 

It was at that moment, my heart started to race, and my cheeks started to feel hot along with the rest of my body...crap.