Chapter 1: Bohemian Rhapsody

Hi everyone. So here's my first ever Queen fanfic. I hope you guys comment, vote, and share the story.
Love,
Gabby 💚

Gabby's POV
September 5th, 2018
I woke up and realized it was Freddie's birthday. Even though he remained the age of 45, I always tried to celebrate his birthday for him.

I went downstairs and grabbed the slice of chocolate cake I bought yesterday at the store. It was very chocolaty if you can call it that. I then grabbed a candle and sang while watching the Bohemian Rhapsody trailer.

"Happy Birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Freddie. Happy birthday to you"

"God Freddie. You really were a legend. I wish I was as fearless as you"

I sighed knowing I would have to go to my performing arts lesson today. What I would give to finish playing Killer Queen on piano. I wish Freddie could teach me.

*Three Hours Later*

Thank god that's over

Thank god that's over. Playing piano is one thing, but playing BEETHOVEN?!?!?!?!?! I much rather play Queen. And I prefer singing too.

Once I got home, I put my bag near the door.

"Hi amors"
"Hi mom"
"How was your lesson Gabby?" My dad asked.

"Good but I much rather play Queen. Beethoven's AWFUL!!!!"

My parents chuckled. Something odd about my family: We're Time Travelers. In fact, the Roberts are the ONLY time travel family to exist as of yet. And I, Gabriella Roberts, am a time traveler.

"Professor Prenter is an absolute dick. He knows I struggle with classic piano but makes me play. Well, at least he's not Paul Prenter. I absolutely LOATHE him. What I would give to travel back in time to kick his ass"

My mom spit out her water and my dad was shocked by my language. Pardon my French, I AM only 19 after all and I'm pretty sure I can curse.

Something was definitely up. I cocked up an eyebrow in question.

"Gabby dear. We have something to tell you. Go do your homework—"

"Dad I don't have homework. I finished all my work for my courses yesterday. And music classes don't always have physical assignments"

"Well do something then. Dance to Queen or read a fanfiction"

I just shook my head as I went upstairs to do exactly that.

"I LOVE YOU" I shouted as I went up to my room.

*Later at dinner*

Spaghetti and meatballs. YUM!!! Wait but they only cook that either if something bad happened or they have really good news...

"Okay mom. Dad. I need to know what's with the faces. What the hell is going on?

"Gabby, do you know how your mom is an astrologist?"

I nodded my head.

"Well your mother happens to be friends with Brian May"

NO WAY!!!! THE Brian May from Queen?!?!?!?! This had to be a joke right?

"You're SERIOUS?!?!?!?!"

"Yes. And since the premiere of Bohemian Rhapsody is next month, Brian invited us personally"

"Personally?"

I got scared. REALLY scared!!! And for good reason. My mom may be cool, but she can still embarrass me like any mom does.

"Mom, what did you tell him?"
"I told him I have a daughter who LOVES Queen, especially Freddie. And when I told him your name, he immediately insisted you would come"

"But why me?"

I sighed. I would have to figure this out later.

"Tell him no way am I going mother. I have nothing to wear, and I'm too nervous to go"

I went to bed and hoped this would all be forgotten tomorrow as I fell asleep to Freddie singing "Love of my Life".

*The Next Morning*

It was Friday and I knew since my professor cancelled his lecture for history, I was able to sleep in. Luckily he put his lecture online. Thank god for technology.

"Good morning mom. I slept so we—"

OH. MY. GOD.

Brian May is in my house. RED ALERT. Brian May is IN. MY. HOUSE.

"Hello Gabby. Nice to see you're awake"

'Oh my god. Mother what have you done?' I thought to myself.

"Brian I am in a robe and nightgown. This is NOT a good time"

"On the contrary, it is a great time. If you only knew how many times I saw Freddie in his bathrobe"

Here it goes.
"Mr. May—"
"Brian. Seriously Gabby. I prefer if you call me Brian"

"Alright then"
"Gabby Roberts, why can't you go to see the movie of your beloved Freddie and my beloved brother/band mate?"

"Well, ummm, I, uh—" 

Oh god I was hesitating.

"I feel this connection to Freddie, almost like I knew him. But that sounds crazy. And like I said, I have nothing to wear"

Brian then showed my costume sketch in his hand.

OH NO!!!! Now I was in REAL trouble.

"Roger says he would gladly let someone design the dress"

"Brian I know there's a catch. What is it?"

"Come with me to an astrology museum this weekend AND go to the premiere. Please, I really love to get to know you Gabby" 

"If you won't do it for me, can you do it for Freddie?"

Damnit. Brian already knew me well. It's like we met in another lifetime. But that was crazy...or was it?

"Yes. Yes I'll go with you! Would you even let me
sing with you and Roger?"

"Absolutely sweetheart. So let's go and finish breakfast and then we can go spend time together"

I hugged him thanking him for letting me go to such a wonderful movie.

"Okay but do I need to wear THAT to the premiere?"
I asked referring to my costume sketch.

Brian laughed and said we would find something else for me to wear.