Chapter 5: Things That I Use To Know, Things It Yearns To Remember

Hi guys. So I'm having final exams and all the college shit you do during the final months...mainly April and most of May. But here's a chapter that was super fun to write. I introduce someone you won't expect. It's gonna be a bumpy ride after this so get ready Queenies. I hope you enjoy this chapter. Don't forget to comment AND vote.
Love,
Gabby 💚

Gabby's POV
October 19, 2018
It's only four days til the World Premiere of Bohemian Rhapsody and I'm honestly worried.

I don't even know if I can make it.

As Brian and I traveled through London, he took me to the old location of the store Biba.

"I can't believe they closed it down. Surely they could bring it back. The 70s fashion wasn't that bad you know" I told Brian.

"Bankruptcy. That's why they closed. I remember how busy this store was" Brian told me.

"Indeed I do. I worked here when I was just about your age, little fashion diva"

I knew that voice. It couldn't be.

"Mary Austin, at your service little fashion diva" She said to me.

"Ummmmm...I'm not a diva. I'm just a girl" I replied.

"Mary!!!! What the hell are you doing here?!?!?!" Brian yelled.

"Can't an old friend talk to a darling girl like her? What's your name?"

"Gabby. Gabby Roberts. I'm 19 years old. And Brian's my best friend" as I pulled Brian into my side. Brian gently wrapped his arms around me, like he was shielding me from Mary's words.

"I was 19 when I met Freddie actually. In the store. He found me there and asked me on a date. And I've always been fond of him"

"Like he could be fond of a prickly catcus like you" I snarked at her.

Brian had to hold back from laughing. Sorry if I'm savage. Blame it on the fact I learned from four grandads who just so happen to be rockstars and that Freddie's ghost keeps teaching me the ways of sass. 

"Well dear. I know Biba isn't here anymore but...I was hoping maybe I could invite you to Garden Lodge" Mary said.

Brian glared at her. Then he gave me some pounds and said, "Gabby, why don't you go to the candy shop?"

"But Brian, the candy here isn't the same as America"

"Then try one of each and buy the ones you like the most. And buy some of my favorite candy too, if you like. That is, if you don't mind starlight"

"For you Brian, I would give you my heart if possible. Okay I'll go. I'll be back in a little bit" I hugged Brian as he kisses my forehead.

Sometimes I hate being small. But Brian says it's adorable so I'm happy. I can't complain when Brian loves me.

Brian's POV
As soon as Gabby left, I confronted her. I knew all hell would break loose and I didn't want to scare my starlight with a temper that was explosive as a supernova in space.

"Mary, what the hell are you doing out here?"

"What? So because I went out of the public eye I can't go out in public myself?"

"Don't give me that bullshit Austin. Tell me why you're here. HOW the fuck did you know GABBY was here?!?!?!"

Mary remained silent.

"ANSWER ME!!!! HOW. DID. YOU. KNOW?!?!?!?!"

She was silent for a moment.

"Easy. I saw her with you on the double decker bus. And I knew, if she was with you, she had to come here. To where Biba once was. I needed to see her again Brian?"