4

Rae and I decided to invite her old friend, Eun-Seop, Eu for short. I'm not completely sure why, because the last memory I have of Eu was having to fight him off of Rae on multiple occasions, during high school.

'Seok Rae-Min' I could overhear his greeting to Rae as I was getting her a drink at the bar. Eu gestured at me as I walked across to the pair, carrying the two glasses.

'Just as you like it' I said, handing Rae her drink.

'Taehyung.' he nodded at me as I took a seat.

'Euseop.'

Time passed, as I tried to grow beyond my hatred for Eu. I really struggled, but it was for Rae. So I felt like I had to, for her, because she'd do anything for me, just as she'd give anything up for me. I'd always do the same for her.

'So I'm sure you've heard..' Rae's face blushed to the most saturated crimson-shade that I'd ever seen. So, apparently I hadn't heard what Eu was about to say.

'Eu, I—' Rae stammered.

'Heard about what?  I asked.

'Our.. Our relationship.' Eu said.

'You..' This couldn't be, Rae would never do this to me, she knew how much I hated Eu. She couldn't have done this to me.

'Rae.' A tear wiped down Rae's face. She knew what she'd done, she knew she'd hurt me, she knew she shouldn't have. But she did.

'Tae.' I got up to leave, glanced at Rae, as she called my name, and I walked out of the bar.

As I left, the cold, night air bit at my cheeks, which were now filled with anger, upset and any other emotion which could contribute to a broken heart. I knew I cared about her more than anyone else, but I didn't know how much I really cared, until she did this to me.

I felt gentle footsteps behind me, as I stood in the doorway to the bar. I broke my gaze across the empty car park, to look over my shoulder at the.. absolutely beautiful girl, the absolutely beautiful girl who'd broken my heart with someone who I hate the most. Her face, filled with regret. But I couldn't bring myself to properly look at her, so I walked off, as she stood in the doorway as I did, not even bothering to catch my attention.

I'd had too much to drink, and the local busses didn't run at this time of night, so I had to walk home. My phone had no battery, so I couldn't even listen to my playlist, so I muttered an old song I'd written about her back in school to myself. Which really got me thinking about so many different things. When I say 'so many different things', I mean her. Just her.

Before I knew it, I was home. The journey was lonely, but I needed the fresh air, and the space. I'd unlocked the door and rushed up to my bedroom, plugged my phone in to charge and sat on my dark grey-clad bed, and thought. My first instinct was to check my phone, in hope of Rae sending me multiple calls and texts. But when I checked, nothing. Nothing at all.

That night, she didn't bother to come home. She must've spent the night with him, without me even crossing her mind.

What was I expecting?

She didn't care about me.

hey kids! thanks for reading part 4! if you've made it this far, let me know what you're thinking. and what do you think will happen next? <3

p.s. this chapter's a little longer, i had much more time