Preparation

Mia's pov

"You think the colour is nice?" Mom asked, Zoe. She tapped her chin. "I don't like it." The bright polka dot orange was not a good colour to use.

"Okay, why don't you set it like a certain theme." We look at Zoe. Since she love to design and match stuff, mom told me to invite her and Akari to buy things to be set up for james' birthday tomorrow.

So far, mom had a cake she will bake in mind. Jordon and the boys are running errands with a list of things mom asked to get for her. "What do you mean?"

"Think about? We can have a hotel theme party."

"No, it will feel like work. And we want him to relax."

"So when he gets up. Prepare him for a spa, I'll hook him up and you can tag along, while we get the place set up."

"I was thinking more of letting him and Jordon go out while us girls set the place."

"I'll rather that. Because the boys are hard to deal with." Akari shake her head.

"So that's the plan. Let's finish buying."

James' pov

Everyone is gone since this morning. No Nicole or Mia. And Jordon must be out with his friends. The one day I can stay home and enjoy myself with my family they decide to do this. The door bell rings and I got up after sitting down couple seconds ago. I open the door and there is Mia's father. He smirked, sizing me from head to toe with his eyes.

"Is Nicole home?"

"Uh, no."

"Do you know when she might come home?"

"She'll probably be here soon."

"So I may come in?" He took a step in and I step in front him. He sized me and I just simple move and avoid what I was about to say. "Nice home."

"Nicole designed it a little."

"I could tell." He smile at some designs in home. "Well I guess I should wait." He took a seat in my couch.

I shake my head wondering why is he truly here. "What are you up to?"

"Nothing much. Just want to see Nicole without another man questioning me."

"Well that's hard when you're sitting in the other man's couch and under his roof."

"I could get anyone I want. So stop trying to be all manly and protective over what's truly mine."

"What's truly yours is now mine."

"That I can take. I showed up one day and she is already dodging your kisses."

"She might dodge that but she don't dodge me making her legs weak."

That seems to get under his skin."You know nothing about me or Nicole. So I suggest you keep quiet and don't get killed."

"Was a that a threat?"

"Yeah it was. I'm not afraid to tell you. I am coming back for everything. From all the money I had, I bought a house this morning and renovating my daughter's room and our soon to be bed room."

"Is that right? I wonder what Nicole thinks about that."

"You still don't get it. Might as well I go since you're wasting my precious time." He got up and his shoulder against mine. "Tell the lovely lady I came to visit her."

"Don't bet on it." He exit the house and I slam the door. I won't back down from him. Not because he just came from prison, I will defend my ground and claim what's mine now.