Burning Black

"Adam, stop it!" Yang shouted tears filling her eyes "Watch her die Yang" Adam said as he held the blade of his sword to Blake's throat. Blake was slumped over, her head being held up by Adam, her eyes met Yang's as she mouthed her final words 'I love you' before the blade tore a crimson line across her throat.

Yang sat up in a cold sweat and looked around the room I'm safe, Blake is safe, we're okay she thought to herself as she sat there and looked at Blake. "I will always protect you" Yang whispered and kissed Blake's forehead gently to not wake her. Laying back down Yang tried to fall back asleep but couldn't. Standing up slowly Yang walked out of the room and down the stairs into the kitchen.

Qrow was back at the table bottle of whiskey in one hand and his head in the other "can't sleep firecracker?" he asked looking up from the table "nightmare" Yang said sitting across from him. Qrow gestured the bottle toward Yang, "I'm good" Yang said refusing the bottle. Qrow took a swig from the bottle "the memories don't go away Yang, they fade a little, but they're always there" Qrow said shakily. Yang looked at him then at the bottle "Qrow, you need to slow down with your drinking" Yang said slowly "I can't, not tonight, I don't want to remember what happened all those years ago" Qrow looked at the bottle "just promise me that you won't over do it tonight." Yang said concerned "I won't" Qrow replied taking another drink. Yang stood and left the table to back to her room, as she looked back she saw Qrow take another drink as a tear fell from his face and noticed the picture of team STRQ on the table.

Yang walked into her room and saw Blake sitting by the window. "Why are you up?" Yang asked, Blake turned to her "I felt you leave, so I was waiting for you" Blake smiled "sorry, I didn't mean to wake you" Yang said sitting by Blake "it's okay honey" Blake said wrapping her arms around Yang "It feels like the nightmares are getting worse" Yang said softly. Blake pulled her closer "I will always stay here by you" Blake said, kissing Yang. Yang kissed back, smiling softly, "I love you" Yang said, resting her head against Blake's chest "I love you too" Blake replied, running her fingers through Yang's hair. The two of them sat there for a while, drifting off into a dreamless sleep.