breakup (part two), ethan

four years later

a small hand was wrapped around your index finger as you walked around the funfair. you looked down at your four year old daughter, elora.

"look at that big bear!" she squealed with a giggle, pointing at a stall where you had to knock over five cans to win a prize.

"i know angel, look it's bigger than you!" you replied with a smile, bending down and lifting her up and running your fingers through her dark curls.

"mommy, why is that man staring at you?" elora asked with a small frown.

"wha-" you start as you turned around to where she was looking.

your eyes widened. ethan.

"ethan?" you call. his cheeks burn and he hesitates before walking over to you.

"hey.." he said with a small smile. he looked exactly the same. the same dark locks that your daughter had inherited. the same hazel eyes, the same plump lips. the same everything. his physique was just a bit different. his arms were bigger and you could practically see his muscles bursting through his shirt.

"mommy who is he?" elora asked. ethan's eyes darted over to her.

"you have a daughter?" he asked, already knowing the answer.

"yeah. her name's elora but i call her el." you say, smiling at your beautiful daughter.

"hello elora, i'm ethan." he said smiling and holding out his hand. she giggled and shook it.

"hello sir!" she said happily.

"how old is she?" he asked you.

"four." you mumble.

"where's her father?" he asked, his eyes tearing up.

"l-let's go and get her face painted." you hurriedly say, walking over to the face painting stall.

time skip

you arrived home, ethan holding el's sleeping body. you close the door and turn to him.

"i'll go put her to bed." you say, taking her from him and leading her into her bedroom. you put her favourite penguin onesie on her and took the pink hair clips out of her hair. you tucked her into her bed and kissed her forehead lightly.

"goodnight angel." you whispered as you got up. you turned around and jumped as ethan was leaning against the doorframe. tears were falling down his cheeks.

"she's mine isn't she?" he mumbled, watching you closely.

tears welled up in your eyes and you nodded. "yes she's yours ethan."

he stared at you in shock, his tears starting to fall faster.

"fuck why didn't you tell me? i cant believe that you raised her alone." he said, his eyes darting to the sleeping child.

"i thought you'd get mad...i don't know. i put off telling you for so long until i'd put it off for so long that it seemed unfair to tell you." you mumble, tears falling down your cheeks.

he shook his head and walked out of the room, his eyebrows furrowed.

"shit no ethan come back." you say, following him and grabbing his arm. he shook you off and turned around, his face filled with anger.

"get the fuck off me. how could you keep this from me?" he said, his voice raising. you step back in fear.

"e-ethan i'm sorry." you stutter, starting to break down.

"tell me why you fucking hid that we had a daughter!" he yelled, pushing you slightly.

"this is why! because i didn't want you to react like this! see this is why i left you! because you get mad at me for everything!" you shout, gathering up the courage. he stared at you and you slid down the wall, crying silently.

"hey, come here." he said softly, bending down and wrapping his arms around you.

"i'm sorry." you whisper into his neck.

"it's okay, just calm down." he mumbled, stroking your hair.

"i should have never walked away. i'm sorry." you say in a quiet voice.

"i deserved it."

"yeah you did. but it's okay. we were young and dumb." you sigh.

"yeah, we were."

a/n
I KINDA WANNA MAKE PART THREE SKDJSJ