Chapter 4

Thanks again to all those who showed their interest again : )

***

Krist opened his eyes sleepily and looked into the darkened silence of his bedroom.

A glance at his alarm clock told him that it was around 9 am.

He rolled to the other side and closed his eyes again, only to snap them open a second later, while stumble out of his bed cursing and in the direction of his bathroom.

He should have been at the new location half an hour ago.

Why had nobody woken him up?!

Frantically, he turned on the shower and waited an impatient moment, until the water had the right temperature before placing himself under the spray.

Hurriedly he get this ritual done and reached for the nearest towel in order to dry off.

However, a knock on the bathroom door let him pause.

"Krist?" It was P'Yui's voice.

"Sorry, I know I'm late ..." he said apologetically and grumbled quietly about the fact, that he had not taken any clothes with him.

"Don't worry. You have no work today. Just take the day off to recover. "

He heard the clicking of her heels on the floor, which moved away again.

On this information Krist relaxed a little.

Finally, he dressed and found P'Yui in his kitchen, who smiled at him softly when she saw him.

"How are you?" She asked immediately and pushed herself away from the counter, on which she had leaned.

"Better." She put a hand to his forehead and nodded slightly.

"You should take things easy today." Therewith she gave him a cup of warm tea and pointed to the dining table on which his breakfast was waiting.

"Thanks for the effort," he said, sipping his tea.

It was an unusual blend, but still pleasant in taste.

"It's not me you have to thank. I have nothing to do with it." She let him know with a smile and picked up her purse.

"I have to go now. If you need anything just call. Alright? "Krist nodded in understanding and accompanied her to the front door.

Back in his kitchen, he sat down in front of his breakfast. He was really hungry, which he interpreted as a good sign that he already got through the worst.

Just then he remembered to feed Pearl, his little turtle lady.

When he opened the fridge to take out its food, he was a bit surprised.

A few plastic box with memo notes on them referred that there was more food, which he should warm up, if he got hungry during the day. He also spotted some leftover ingredients, what made him assume that someone had made an effort to cook for him.

Krist looked thoughtful.

P'Yui had meant that it had nothing to do with her, what left him wondering, as he grabs Pearls herbs before he closed the refrigerator.

Maybe it was Wawa? She knew that he was not feeling well and had already taken care of him on set.

With the herbs in one hand and his smartphone in the other, he went to Pearls terrarium and gave her, her meal. Immediately, she looked out of her small den and stomped toward her food source.