Chapter 5 || Memories

Maddie had fallen into a coma. The doctors were confused beyond belief, they had no idea as to how she had gotten so terminally ill without the physical trauma that usually lead to comas.

Never did it occur to them that her brain was so damaged and overused that it shut down completely.

I'll tell you one thing: despite her worried, hopeful friends awaiting her awakening, it wasn't going to come.

First one day passed.

Then two.

Then three.

Then it was a week.

Two.

Three.

Then into months.

One.

Two.

Three.

One.

Two.

Three.

"....123, 123 drink. 123, 123 drink....." And then Maddie was in the Chandelier dancing around in her blonde wig. Swaying and leaping to the beat.

She was in dance class, her very first one, her brown hair pulled tightly back into a ballet bun.

She was in Paris with Kenzie, Nia, and Kendall. They were all snapping pictures of the dazzling structure in front of them, the infamous Eiffel Tower.

She was sitting at the table, eating a plate of her mom's homemade pancakes before dance, shoving the syrupy cakes into her mouth.

She was everywhere in a matter of seconds.

Maddie once heard that when you were about to die, after you lost consciousness for the final time of your life, everything that's happened will flash in front of your very eyes. In seconds you'll remember every single thing that's happened in your life like it was happening right then.

And in the moment, when her mind was racing and billions of memories were replaying themselves, Maddie was able to know as much as one thing: she was dying.

Maddie watched as many more small memories flooded into her head; her first day of school. Her first steps. The time her parents got her and Kenzie a play set for the backyard. Her first side aerial. Her first trophy. The time she competed in a beauty pageant when she was 6. Going to Australia. Walking the carpet at the TCAs as paparazzi snapped pictures here and there.

And Maddie realized, as the last few moments of her life slipped away, just how important it was to make memories now. In reality, you would relive them later.

After her whole life flashed in front of her, Maddie slipped away into a world of whiteness.

And that was the end of Maddie.

-

author's note:

THE END (IM KIDDING)

there's one more chapter. this one might have been a shocker to you guys, but just wait for the next one it might make you cry. okay since the next one is like cray cray I made this one deep and sad.

MAN IM SO PUMPED I was brave enough to ask my crush for a picture at our school football game GO CAIDAWG

happy Friday everyone (so sorry for not updating, but enjoy your weekend. finishing this series very soon) 😀

-cai ♡