03

*Not edited. Feel free to make a cover for my book. :)*

                          Brisklin sat on the porch swing around the back of the house. It was about twelve o' clock at night and everyone was asleep, she sat alone. After dinner had finished she was sent to her room to prepare for bed, not even being able to bid the beta's goodbye. A soft sigh left her pale pink lips, her breath freezing in the cold air. She watched it form in front of her before quickly evaporating. Scooting to the edge of the swing, she pushed the swing backwards with her toes before scooting back once more.

                        She sat without a blanket or decent coat. Being part wolf meant a coat wasn't needed in cold climates, her body temperature being abnormally high. Her pale honey eyes moved to the treeline that faced her, she had never been in the forest. "The woods are no place for a young lady." Her mother had told her, but she watched all the other young girls play in the forest. She never questioned her mother, never made any comments. If she did she would be scolded and told she was unruly.

                         A soft growl emitted from her esophagus, she hated being isolated like this. She didn't understand why her parents treated her like they did. She longed to be normal. As she thought to herself, she was oblivious to the green and blue set of eyes staring at her from her spot on the porch. The swing was still now. The world around her asleep, except for the wolf. Getting down she figured she should get to bed before her mother made her nightly rounds to check on her.

                              Opening the back door she quickly made her way tot he staircase that led to her room. Her foot steps echoing in the silent house. She skipped two steps at a time, getting to her room quicker. Pulling her purple colored door open, she shut it softly behind her and jumped into bed. Pulling her white and purple accented blanket up to her chin, she quickly fell asleep. Back in the woods the large beast huffed and turned in its spot. It gave a quick glance over its shoulder, looking at Brisklin's room window, with a soft growl it took off into the night.