Prologue. The Beginning of A Memory

Hello, dear readers. I have no idea why you have chosen this story and I don't know why I even bother to wonder why you have done so. But, for a start, I thank you for selecting this story to be read. What? You only chose this accidentally? Well, I don't mind but I do give a great amount of gratitude to your finger which has unconciously attracted itself to my story. The author's note is getting tiring to read, you say? Hoho, I can fix that, with just some magic words.

Without furder ado, I present to you,

Uncertainty.

~~~

Back in the day, I used to be alone.

Just me, and only me.

I gained friends but got disappointed afterwards, always discovering betrayals and "fakery".

I have also experienced being left out and not trusted, which greatly hurt my guts.

So, up til now, I still have these doubts about friendship and sometimes even wish that I would be gone for maybe a week or so and see if people actually care.

So I did.

And you know what, I was really touched when I found out I was actually cared about and not forgotten.

That at least, I, was a part of their lives.

And that, I wasnt just a nobody

...is what I thought.

Because what truly hurt me the most was that their attention towards me was limited.

That, I, would only be remembered once I'm gone.

For when the second day struck since I arrived, I was isolated once again.

No one to talk to

No one to laugh with

And no one to make good memories with.

It hurt me so much.

And so I continue to question myself,

"What is the purpose of my life?"

Such a sad fact this is.

Now, my life continues in darkness.

Can this even be called a "life"?

Honestly, I don't know anymore.

I hope someone would suddenly appear and guide me out of the darkness.

Please. Whoever this person would be, show up already.

Being in the darkness was never worth it.

Please, all I need is a friend.

-Normal POV-

A girl of about  7 years of age was sitting in her classroom wih her usual facade again.

She looks at her other classmates, having big grins olastered on their faces. She thinks whether or not she'd approach them or not.

Eventually, she decides to play with her friends after confirming that she doesn't need to worry about decision-making.  The 1st grader appears with a face saying she's having so much fun.

Lots and lots of this so-called fun.

"How long are you going to pretend?"

A sudden voice catches her attention and she quickly looks behind her, seeing nothing but air. This makes her friends seem curious of her and asks, "What's wrong?"