Chapter Four

Branch wandered the big Troll Tree with the Troll Princess in his soft blue arms.  Holding the map to the Queen lair, Branch wondered why his Mother told him to protect a map and the Troll Princess. 

The young-pink troll at first crawled into his hair and nuzzled his scalpel. Next thing he knew, the Princess came out and giggled. She almost fell to the ground until Branch put his arms around her. The Princess looked in his eyes. Branch fell under some type of spell.

Her eyes are so pretty, Branch thought.  

The Princess then cuddled into his soft chest. Branch felt his cheeks heat up. 

Oh,no, Mrs. Ella is so going to tease me about this, Branch thought embarrassed.  

"Branch, Branch, where are you," Questioned a kind voice.

"Grandma, Mom and Queen Ella were buried in dirt," Branch exclaimed to his Grandma worried.

"Oh, you poor troll--wait what happened to Princess Poppy," Rosepuff, Branch's Grandma, stated.

"She is right here," Branch tried to confute his Grandmother.

Rosepuff noticed the Princess had managed to nuzzle his neck. Branch's face was becoming a bright-rose color.

"Well, Ella was right about one thing you to are-"Rosepuff began.

Branch opened his eyes only to find the Troll he was dreaming about hovering over him. Branch gave a puzzled stare at Poppy.

"BRANCH WAKE UP," She shouted shaking his right arm like crazy. 

Although Branch was already awake, he acted he was asleep only because he thought she was being so cute. Finally Branch sat up and chuckle.

"What's so funny turkey lips," She questioned annoyed.

"I was awake a long time ago," Branch stated with a half smile. 

Poppy finally realized she was hovering over her crush which was awake now. She moved herself to the camp fire and pulled two dumble berries out of her hair.

"Hungry," she said blushing. 

Branch smiled, and got out of his sleeping without his vest. Poppy realized she was still wearing his vest. Her blush made her look like she was going to explode. 

"Poppy," Branch began. "I'm starving!"

Poppy playful passed the berry to Branch. They ate and laughed together. Finally, Branch thought of the tunnels.

"Poppy, we need to be very close to each other because there may be dirt avalanches down there,"Branch informed Poppy.

"How about we hold hand," Poppy asked grinning.

Branch looked uneven. His face gave a cute nervous look. He was defiantly flustered. 

Awe, My Branch is nervous over holding hands, Poppy my raced at the thought of his cuteness.

"Poppy, I don't know," Branch stated flustered playing with his fingers.

She reluctantly put her backpack on. Next, she put his backpack on, causing a blush from Branch. 

"Let's go," Poppy squealed grabbing his hand. 

Branch was still out of it. When he finally came back to reality, he found himself holding his pink companion's hand. Branch was once again feeling under a spell.

What is wrong with me, Branch thought. 

The back of his head shouted :"love, love, love." 

Branch came back to reality only to see his crush sing and dance with him. They were also under ground. Poppy had lead them down one of the Root Tunnels.