12

*Taehyung's POV*

It's been 5 months since Y/N went missing. Mister Jeon didn't say much about it nor did he act like he was worried. He refuses it but I know exactly that he is involved in this. 

"It's almost been half a year and there's no single fucking sign!" Jungkook is driving insane since he found out that Y/N won't come back anymore. 

"I told you she's on a mission a thousand times already, son.", says Mister Jeon as always.

"Oh come on dad, stop this bullshit! Everyone knows she isn't!"

"Watch your language young man!"

"Just tell me where she is!"

"I can't! I myself don't know where this girl is!"

I rub my forehead as I listen to them fighting for the fourth time this week. The thought of the last time I saw her doesn't make me feel better at all. I'm such an idiot. How could I tell her that she reminds me of my ex girlfriend that died because of her head money and expect her to stay with me as if nothing happened?! 

"Maybe she doesn't want to be found.", Jimin, who was sitting next to me, quietly says. Jungkook looks up to his older friend and I could see the flames in his eyes.

"Jimin, I don't fucking care if she-"

"Jungkook.", I interrupt him with a warning look. He throws me an angry look and then presses his lips to a slim line. 

"Fighting won't help us as we already know.", I say. "Let's just give up. If we're lucky she'll come back on her own but-"

"Hold on.", Jungkook interrupts me now. "If you're asking me to just forget about her and continue living like she's never been here then you can go home right away because nothing and nobody will hold me back on my way finding her."

"Jungkook, please."

"No dad! I'm so sick of it! She was more than my best friend. Don't expect something that is impossible from me." With that Jungkook stands up and rushes out of his dad's office. Jimin quickly follows him. After a while of silence, the old man sighs. 

"Oh I hate seeing my boy like this." He looks up, directly into my eyes. I keep quiet, waiting for him to continue talking.

"What should I do?"

"Tell us the truth."

"Don't fool me. You all already know the truth."

"So it is right? Y/N ran away that day?"

"Yes. But I really don't know where she is. She didn't tell me where she wanted to go."

I nod. There's nothing else I could do. It was her decision. She's not the first that decided to leave me, I'm gonna get over it anyways...

"I-I gave her a bike. Since the day I raised her I already knew she was gonna leave us someday. Back then I thought I'd be prepared for it. Now I see that it's unbearable. It's like I've lost my own daughter."

"Mister Jeon, did you realize Jungkook's feelings towards her?"

"Of course I did!"

"Then how could you let this happen if you knew that we'll all be hurt?"

"Because I know she will come back."

It took me a while to let this sentence sink in. Is he with his right senses? How can he be so sure about that when she's left no single sign or anything to at least stay in contact with her?

"What do you mean?", I ask.

Jeon smiles.

"Well I am not as dumb as you might have thought until now. You just need to wait for her to realize. Maybe she already realized it long ago and tries to rob this building."

"What? I don't understand..."

"Oh come on. Think about it Taehyung. What is it that she needs so much to completely disappear?"

My brain was already working but I just didn't find an answer so I shrug my shoulders.

"Her file with all her data maybe?"

My eyes widen. 

"Do you mean-"

Suddenly there was a loud noise coming from outside. It was like a super fast motorbike on it's way right through the building. 

Klick, klick.

The sound of many guns being loaded, follows not long after the unbearably loud noise of a motorbike came closer. Many heavy footsteps went down the hallway, deep voices are shouting orders. Worriedly I stand up and take a look out of the window. The whole gang almost build a row, everyone was holding up there guns and knifes, waiting for whatever came this way. A few were standing in the front with big shields. It almost looked like a scenario from the police. My eyebrows narrow as I turn around to look at the still smiling Jeon.

"Would you mind to tell me what the hell is going on?"

The old man intertwines his fingers as if he was praying and stands up. Then he turns to me and comes closer. It felt like he went slower with every step he took until he stood in front of me. 

"Taehyung are you ready?"

It was stunning how his gaze affected me at this moment. I feel like a little kid who is scared to refuse something from their parents. I feel so small and unprepared for what is waiting for me. I gulp.

"For what?"

"Fighting against the person you love?"

"You don't mean...", I couldn't finish the sentence. I didn't want to. But he was already nodding.

"You know I can't."

"You'll have to. It's your duty as a criminal."

"Dad..."

Jungkook is standing in the doorframe. Both of our heads, Mister Jeons and mine, turn towards the boy who was listening to us the whole time. Jimin was near behind him, trying his best to get Jungkook out of here but the younger guy was so muscular that it didn't bother him at all. 

"Stop them.", Jungkook says. His eyes are filled with horror.

"I won't."

"But they'll kill her!"

"Yeah, because it's their god damn duty, for fucks sake!"

Everyone's jaw dropped. 

"You planned this...", Jimin whispers after a moment of silence.

"No, I-"

"Fucking stop lying! You knew about this all along! Ever since you introduced Y/N to me, you knew this day would come! I won't fight against her! I won't fight against the one I love, dad! And I will destroy every person that tries to hurt her!"

"Oh, you won't because I will lock you up in a cell if you're trying to fight against your real family."

"That will not happen because I am on his side.", I say.

Mister Jeon opened his mouth to say something but he got interrupted by shouting men and gun shots.

"She's here.", Jeon says, with a big smirk on his face. "Let the party begin."