| One |

One breath, two breath, those were him. Three breath, four breath, those were not.

A single orb swivelled in its socket, fervently searching for the second source of breaths. He found it soon enough as the gaze landed on another form in this small, seemingly moving, room they were in. He looked to be around the same age, a red jacket coating his unconscious form.

• •

"Red! Checks the elevator!" Barney called, shaking himself out of the thoughts that were clouding his mind.

Said redhead moved over to the hole in the ground, peering over the fence cautiously. He obviously knew what to look for, his eyes scanning the area before the form pulled back and gave a light shake of the head; red locks shifting slightly as he did so.

"Nothing today either..." His voice piped up, sadness and worry lacing their way through it. "Supplies will come soon, right?"

Barney couldn't reply. He didn't know how to. They knew there would be supplies, even if they didn't know where they came from. It had been two months since they'd arrived and each of these months there was a supply drop. Question is, where was this month's?

• • •

Don't worry, dear reader, they wouldn't have to wait long, only a few days. Though the supplies came with something extra this time around.

"B-Barney? You might want to look at this." Red was scared, to say the least, as he peered into the cage-like structure.

There, standing in the bottom, were two more people. A brunette, safely sheltered behind the protective form of a glaring redhead.

"What the hell!" The newly arrived redhead was angry. Very angry. "Who and why?"

His words were loud and spluttered, his face twisted into an expression of rage. The two in the box were around the same age again, one wearing a gold 'Z' necklace and the other a hoodie resembling a squirrel of sorts. Unlike Red and Barney, who had been mostly unconscious for their ride, these two were most definitely awake; it was hard to tell how long they'd been like that for however.

"Shuts up, dirt!" Barney was the designated leader, Red had agreed on this when they first arrived. "I'll lets you out if yous don't do anything stupids!"

He had a surprising amount of authority to his voice as he joined Red at the edge of the cage, or elevator, as it was supposed to be known.

Though his words were authoritarian they held little meaning behind them, they had to let the pair out at some point anyway, their supplies were in there. The boxed humans seemed to confer for a moment, the brunette giving one finalizing nod before stepping out from behind the humanoid ball of, now vaguely tamed, rage.

"We agree to behave."

• • •

Ross had always been the tactician of the two. He was far smarter than people gave him credit for, though he partly played it down.

That being said his lack of common sense did help him seem incompetent a lot of the time.

However, he was still the calm in Max's storm, that's just how it'd always been. The tactician and his beast, inseparable opposites.

Of course, they didn't know this. Not just yet anyway.

• • •

"Earth to Ross, you in there?" He was startled back into the conversation by a hand waving in front of his brown hues, a familiar tone to the speaking voice.

"Sorry." Said brunette mumbled a response, tuning back in to the original conversation.

They had been released from the cage (which soon clanked and whirred back to wherever it came from) and were being briefed on the rules of the settlement.

Red appeared nice enough, though Barney's strong authority over the small group clearly bothered Max a bit; it meant he would probably have to take orders.

Barney finished his explanation of the laws with a simple, yet somehow chilling, statement.

"Welcome to The Glade, newbies."

______________________________________

660 words

Welcome to the second of three WIPs on my account, this one being a fanfic or something of the sort.

Now before we continue, a few things that need to be said:
1) I am fully aware that Skymedia is pretty much gone, believe me I know, however that doesn't stop the fanfic.
2) I am simply using the personalities these people portrayed on the internet to base the characters off of, not how they act in real life.
3) Finally, please note that I am in no way a writer and am simply doing this for fun (feel free to criticize though, I'd love to improve)

No hate, no hate.

Anyway, enjoy~!

×Toxic×