Living dead (part 2)

Continuation from the previous chapter.

You are probably thinking that since these things are spirit, they can't reproduce?

Well think again.

Another instance:

This happened at abakaliki (capital of Ebony state).
A woman got married to a man, whom she had never met his parents or relatives; unbeknownst to her that he was already dead, she had three children for him.
She always begged him to take her and their children to see his people, but he refused, promising her that one day he would.
So one day, she got frustrated and started shouting and complaining of how people were insulting her because she doesn't know her husband people and so on and so forth (you know how women can be).
Her husband, realising that he can't give any more reasons for not taking her there, had no other choice than to give in to her request. The next day, they set out on their journey to his village. On getting there, they stopped at a junction and he received a call, after which he told his wife that he couldn't continue anymore with her, saying that he has a very important and urgent business to attend to. He directed her on the part to take and told her to ask for his family compound, promising that he will come and join them later after he sorted out his business. The wife was reluctant to accept, but after much convincing, she agreed and took her and her children to her husband house. On getting there, she saw an old woman there and asked if it was (her husband surname) compound and the old woman replied with a yes and also asked her who she was. The woman told her that she was (her husband name) wife and that the kids with her are his children. The old woman asked her if she was sure of what she was saying. The wife replied with a yes and showed her the picture they took together as a family. When the old woman saw the picture, she screamed, drawing the attention of neighbours and passerby's. She then told the wife that the man in the picture is her son and he is already dead. The wife was shocked at this statement. The old woman then asked her why her husband did not follow her here, the wife told her the excuse he gave. The woman shouted that he has gone and he won't be coming back again. The wife refused to believe and said her husband told her he would be back by evening. So they decided to wait, but her husband did not show up. They, then decided to go back to abakaliki to know if he was still there, but the man wasn't there and surprisingly all the properties were gone too. They asked around but could not find anything. The woman and her children had to go back to her husband's village to live with her husband's mother and they became the wife and children of a dead man.

I had goosebumps all over me when I heard this story.

But I think there is a lesson here that says never marry a man that hasn't introduced you to his parents or people.

Share your thoughts on this too..

A/N:

It took me a while to narrate this story, especially with the fact that I heard it from my mother. She is not a good storyteller.😅

Sshhh... Don't tell her that.

Do not hesitate to leave a comment and vote 🙏