13: Sweet Dreams

A week had passed, and (Y/n) felt good. She felt happy and confident. She got her life back on track. Once she managed to calm both Cletus and Red- Carnage from their protective panic, she was able to leave their side and go back to work. While she was gone he would unpack all the stuff she had bought for the new home the both of them now shared. (There was no way she was leaving him to his crack den bunker or some innocent victims house.)

She was walking to work now, listening to her favorite song as she did so. A fraction of her scar showed, which was enough for Daydream to identify her. The girl dressed in casual wear sat at a table outside the coffee shop that (Y/n) passed daily on her way to work. She had been waiting for (Y/n) to pass. As she did, a smile crossed her face.

"May the nightmares begin," She giggled to herself before taking a petri dish out and cracking the lid open. A single mosquito buzzed out and flew towards (Y/n). It landed silently on her exposed neck, still for a single moment before piercing her skin with a bite.

She didn't even pause as she smacked the bug off her neck and continued without a second thought.

Daydream smiled, well aware what would take place for (Y/n) later. "And when (Y/n) begins to doubt her trust for Cletus, the next step of the plan will fall to Lynx," She said with a giggle.

"I'm right beside you, ya know," Grumbled the man across from her. He narrowed his one good eye at her words. "You don't have to talk like that..."

"Yeah! But it's more cinematic this way!"

Levi sighed in response.

******

That night was terrible. (Y/n) was plagued with the worst dreams that brought her to tears. Whenever she tried to scream in her nightmare, it came out as silent cries.

She couldn't put together all the pieces of what her nightmare was about exactly but it involved blood, fire, Loki, Carnage and her. She saw Carnage covered in blood at one point, the scarlet liquid dripping and pooling beneath their body.

Those flashes were how the nightmares started at least, but eventually it was all too realistic. She swore she felt pain within her dream, racing across her body as though knives were cutting down her sides and burying deep inside her. This time she could hear the screams, her own screams. Only when she felt fangs on her collarbone was she able to open her eyes to see the creature drawing her blood and lapping it up with a rigid tongue.

Carnage was clinging to her, pinning her to some sort of invisible surface she was unable to see. They reared back and she could see her own blood dripping off their fangs and tongue. "Yesss, You taste as good as you look," They hissed with a nasty laugh.

She screamed once more and tried to push them back, but she was weak and helpless against them. They continued to laugh and laugh and laugh.

She woke to quiet nothingness and she sat up quickly, Cletus still fast asleep by her side. She slept on the half of the bed closest to the wall, because according to him it makes him more comfortable to be a line of defence between her and anyone who might possibly break into their home.

He had been respectful enough not to touch her and give her plenty of space to herself while they slept, but right now she felt like she needed him holding her. She gently shook him, and it was enough to wake him from his slumber since he was usually a very light sleeper.

"(Y/n)? wha-" He paused as he looked back at her. His eyes widened when he managed to process what he was seeing. "You're crying! What happened?!" He asked, pulling himself out of his comfortable position so he was also sitting up at her side.