34: All Truths, One Lie

"I'm going to kill him," (F/n) said, staring at the couch on the other side of the room where Cletus slept soundly. Her stare was more of a glare laced with hatred (Y/n) hadn't seen on her before. 

"No," (Y/n) replied. "You're not..." 

"But he left you! He hurt you! He seriously knocked you up then ran! And he thinks he can just come back like-" (F/n) stopped talking once (Y/n) started talking over her. 

"He came back to me bleeding and desperate! He told me he never wanted to leave me for so long... He had been held hostage by Daydream," (Y/n) argued, glancing to Loki as he shifted his stance and frowned at the news. 

"And you believe that?" (F/n) questioned in return, voice softer yet still on a slight edge. 

"I do. I shouldn't have doubted him in the first place. If I had actually gone looking for him, then maybe I would have spared him this pain," She whispered, staring as she saw small red and black tendrils rising above Cletus skin to stitch part of a wound back together. 

"You didn't know. None of us did. I could try to find Daydream. I doubt she let him go without any side effects," Loki told her, looking to Cletus for only a second before settling his gaze back on (Y/n). 

"What kind of side effects? He's already hurt enough, why must there be more?" She asked, gently holding herself. She imagined for a quick moment that her arms were Cletus, but that image faded when Loki spoke again. 

"(Y/n), do you remember something that happened many months ago? You were infected by awful nightmares of none other than Carnage tearing you apart for fun?" Loki asked, and she looked to him with wide eyes. 

"How do you know about that?" She asked slightly louder than she intended out of alarm. "I only told Cletus about those dreams, you-" 

"Yes, I know," He stopped her mid sentence, raising a hand even to silence her. "It was me and Daydream who designed those nightmares. They were meant specifically to sew distrust and other problems between the two of you. Our hope had been you would leave him behind," He admitted, both (F/n) and (Y/n) looking to him with wide eyes. 

"You did that?!" They both said at the same time, causing Loki to take a single step back. 

"Yes, but let's not focus too much on the past, alright? Well except for this part... How did you break the spell the first time around?" He asked, glancing nervously to his partner as she glared back at him. 

"I didn't even know it was a spell!" (Y/n) yelled right back. "Are you seriously asking me what I did to break a spell that I didn't know was a spell?!" 

"Well what were you doing? The night the nightmares stopped, what had you been doing before? Can you remember?" He asked again, and she sighed and turned her head away. 

It took her a few moments to sort through the memories and remember what exactly happened that night. The realization made her face flush and she shook her head. "There is no way that could have broken the spell," She muttered. 

"You'd be surprised the weird things that could break the spell, so spit it out," Loki replied, only to be elbowed by his now annoyed girlfriend. When he was elbowed be he quickly added "Please."

She sighed. "That was the first night we ever... Well... We had sex for the first time..." She told him, continuing to look away. 

There was a long pause, as if the other two both shared the awkwardness she was feeling. It took Loki a little bit to clear his throat and continue speaking. 

"It, uh- Well it's not the actions of such things that could have broken it. It was more likely you both giving the other complete and total trust that made a spell meant for untrusting to disappear," He suggested, looking to Cletus once again.