Family

My life wasn't always horrible. I had a family who loved me. A family who cared. A family who would do anything for me. My mother was amazing. She had long gorgeous brown hair, bright green eyes that you could get lost in for hours on end. An amazing body and a flawless face. She was my brothers best friend. Although i resembled her. My father on the overhand was my best friend. He was a firefighter. He taught me how to cook. I used to go with him and cook for all of his firefighter buddies at work. He used to sing to me every night before i went to bed. He took me to the park as often as he could. He was the closest thing i had to a best friend. My brother scott (unlike me) resembles my father. He had his dirty blonde hair, his bright blue eyes and his big feet. Scott and i lost our perfect family in the matter of seconds. Everything went down hill from there.

        It was my parents 30th anniversary. They went out on there date like normal parents do. Scott and i were stuck with our babysitter. Emily was amazing. She treated us like she was her own. She cooked amazing food, played with us like she was a little kid. We played games, went to the park, made forts and drank hot coco ever night we were with her. She was the best babysitter any kid could ask for. We loved her like she was our own mother. Anyways, Emily was downstairs making her amazing mac-n-cheese with chili cheese hot dog chunks in them. With of course yummy hot coco. Scott and i were upstairs playing a spy game. 

"scotty he over there" i whispered to him while crouching down behind our spare living room couch. 

"ready.? 1... 2... 3... "

"AHHHHHHH" we both jumped up went for our cat 'Mad Dad Pickles'. Our plan failed. Mad Dad Pickles jumped up and flew over to the other side of the room and landed on top of the love seat and hissed at us both. 

"awwe scotty you made him get away" i said in a whiny voice. 

"im sorry katewiyn he.. hes just way to impossible to catch."

"im hungry"

"me too wlets go downstawrs and see if emiwley is done" 

"race you there" i said with a devious smile

We both jumped up and raced down the stairs. We ran into the kitchen almost knocking Emily over. 

"hahaha  scotty i won" i said sticking my tongue out.

"ill win next time just wait" he said frowning and crossing his arms. 

"Are you two ready for some food?" Emily said crouching down to our height. 

"yes.!" we both said in unison. 

Ee all sat at the table and ate Emily's yummy mac-n-cheese and drank our fresh hot coco. The table fell silent while we all ate. After a while we all began to finish up. 

"why dont you guys go watch some tv while i clean up here" Emily said sweetly

Scotty and i went towards the living room and turned on our favorite cartoon. Scooby-doo. After a while we were sitting there covered up drinking another Small cup of Emily's yummy hot coco watching scooby-doo. We heard someone ring the door bell and knocked about 3 times after. Emily ran up to the door wiping her hands with a hand towel in her hand. She opened the door and there stood 2 of our state officers. 

"what can i do for you officers?" Emily said looking scared 

The officers took there caps off and looked up at Emily with sadness and pity "were so sorry ma'am but chis and Kelly got into a car accident. Unfortunately they got critically hurt. They were immediately rushed to the hospital. There both in a coma but the doctors think that its fatal. They don't have much longer. There time is up." 

Emily looks over at us with tears in her eyes and turns back to the officers she swallows hard and takes a breath "whats going to happen to the kids?" her voice was shaky

"well ma'am unfortunately since there grandparents are no longer here they have no one else to  go live with. they are going to have to be out into foster care" 

Tears drop down her face as her face turns bright red. She leans against the door and opens her mouth to say something. But  all she could do was cry. She finally caught a breath and choked down her tears and said "could I take them? i cant live knowing there in foster care. I grew up with them. there like my own. I've been apart of this family since i was 6 years old. Kelly babysat me when i was there age" she said pointing toward us.

"well its possible.Its a long process. You have to fight in court for them but unfortunately there gonna have to go into foster care tonight"

"no please Sr. just let me have them for tonight. they don't need all this right now" 

"I'm sorry ma'am but its the law. I'm gong to have to take them with me"

"can i at least have a minute to say goodbye?"

"of course" 

Emily lets the officers onside to sit down. She gave them each a cup of her yummy hot coco and they sat at the kitchen table where we just finished our mac-n-cheese. After Emily got them settled. She came up to us, turned off scooby-doo and sat down on the small wooden coffee table in front of us. she looked at us and sadly smiled.

"i love you guys" she grabbed us and hugged us. We were both in one of her arms. We all sat there and cried. I looked over at scotty and grabbed his hand to comfort him.

"Emily whats gonna happen to us?" i said trying not to cry

"those nice officers are going to take you somewhere where kids with no families go. but don't worry guys ill see you in court tomorrow morning. I'm gonna fight to be your new mommy."she said standing up choking back her tears. I knew she was trying to be strong for us. "itll be okay kids" 

Scotty and i look at each other and cry. We stand up and go to our rooms and take one last look at them. I look over to my side table and see 2 pictures. One picture was me and my dad sticking our tongues out at the camera while standing in his big red fire truck. The other was a picture of our family. We were all at the beach in Oregon looking for sea shells. We all stood before the sunset my parents behind scotty and i. Dad behind me, mom behind scotty. It was the most memorable trip we took as a family. I looked at the pictures and i go towards my closet.Ii grab a little backpack and i put both of the photos in there. I grab my favorite jacket and i ran to mom and dads room. I go over to my moms jewelry box and grab her neck less and my dads watch. I put them in the backpack as well and quickly ran downstairs to meet the officers once again. Scotty and i run up to Emily and give her one last kiss and hug goodbye. We walked out of the house and went toward the police car. Scotty got in and i got in after. The officers started up the car and backed out of the driveway. I grabed scottys hand and stared out the window at our house for the last time while we were driving away.