chapter 12; What do you want?

James came after me. I kept running towards my room. I slammed the door slut and layed down on my bed. He didn't came in right away. I took some deep breaths, knowing this was going to be a long conversation. Slowly he opened the door. "Can I come in?" He asks sweetly and I just couldn't say no eventhough I didn't want it. I sit straight up on my bed and James sits down besides me. It was an awkward silence. Not much later James starts to mumble. "Did I hurt your feelings?" He asks without looking at me. "Nooo, noo, noo. Being with me cause you wanted to get back at a friend. I totally understand." I say sarcastic. I look away now too. What was he thinking? That I would be happy with him?

"I'm really sorry LaylaI didn't meant to hurt you." He says convincing. "Why would I believe you after what you did?" I almost yell. I was so angry at him. At Stefanie, at Kendall, at everyone actually. Suddenly his lips met mine. He kissed me like never before. It was like I could feel he was sorry in the way his lips moved over mine, the way he sucked my neck, the way he turned me on. I couldn't resist him. I still had feelings for him.

He stopped and looked me in the eyes. He wanted an answer, but I couldn't give it. He did hurt me. And what about Kendall? He has feelings too. But then again he hurted me too. Way more then that James did. "I don't know James." I say. He looked at the floor. I know he wanted confirmation, but I couldn't give it. Not yet. "Would you wait for me? Just for a week or so, I wanna figure some things out." I say as I lifted his chin up. He nodded and whispered: "Okay. I can do that."

We got up and walked downstairs. When he got to the door, he opened it. "James!" I say as he was about to walk away. I walked towards him and give him a little kiss on his cheek. "Don't forget about me." I whisper as I give him a hug.

Neither of this felt good. I was giving them both a chance, Kendall and James. This was not going to turn out good for one of the two. "Is there any chance to not hurt one of them?" Channing asks while he takes a sip of his drink. "I don't think so." I say as I shrug my shoulders.

"This is not going to end well Layla and you know it!" Channing says as he takes another sip.