two: papa

Taron paced back and forth in the police station, his anxiety through the roof.

"Any news?!" Taron cried, once he spotted Officer Yuuki.

Unfortunately, Officer Yuuki shook his head. "Na da."

Taron ran his hand through his hair, "This can't be happening."

Officer Yuuki stood there, not really sure how to handle the situation in front of him.

"It'll be okay. We'll find her." Is all he said.

Little did he know this made things worse.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me." Taron huffed. "Don't you know that this police station has one of the worst reputations in the country? Sadly, I have no other choice but to come here. So, don't tell me you promise when you don't even know what you're doing!"

Security stepped over, but Yuuki stopped them. "It's okay."

Once the security took a step back, Yuuki spoke up.

"I get it. You're pissed. But listen, I'm going to do my very best to help your fiancé. Now, how about you give us some people to contact, like her mother, on any theories on what's going on."

Taron started to relax, and nodded. "Okay."

The two waited for your mother to show up, hoping she would know something. Hell, anything for Yuuki's excuse.

The woman stepped inside and was escorted to Yuuki's room.

"Hi, you must be Rhonda L/N?"

She nodded, giving Yuuki a firm handshake.

Taron embraces the older woman into a hug, balling his eyes out.

Rhonda rubbed his back, "It's okay, sweetheart."

She sounded like she was trying to make herself believe that.

As the two took a seat, Yuuki grabbed his notepad and a pen.

"Now, Ms. L/N, is there anything you know? Anything suspicious happen before she disappeared? Any theories?" Yuuki started right off the bat.

Ms. L/N nodded as she wiped one of her tears that fell, "I have a feeling her father's behind this."

Taron furrowed his brows, "Does he even know about her?"

Rhonda nodded again, "He was around her for two years, and then left. He called once when Y/N was fifteen. He asked to bring her into this sex ring. I didn't understand why he asked for permission first, but I said no. Something tells me he came back and took her."

Taron swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Do you still have the number?"

"410-661-0075."

"His name?"

"Johnson Smythe."

Yuuki wrote the information down, "Have you called the police on him before?"

"Mhm, I called and told them about the call but they said it was nothing. I also called when he was threatening to kill me, but no one came. Your shitty police station has done nothing to help."

Yuuki sighed, he was never going to hear the end of their ranting was he?

_________

this book will have sum twists so hang in there n try to remember these characters (i'll leave sum info if it's been a while)

sorry if your mom's name ain't rhonda, i didn't wanna have y/m/n and add a bunch that stuff since it could get confusing. i tried using like a name that literally no one has anymore so istg if somebody got that name-