Chapter 1

A/N:  Okay, I decided that this will be a short story instead of a one-shot.  LOL!!!   I just can't keep myself limited to just one chapter.  

Pete POV

Why didn't I book my flight for tonight? I could have already packed and be heading home right now but instead, I'm the only one left from all the participants and I have no one to hang out with tonight.

Oh, yeah. I remember now. I was told that the class would go all the way to 5pm and by the time I ate and packed by bags and then drove the hour to the airport, there weren't any flights leaving here to go back to my hometown that late at night. However, it doesn't make it any better since the group that I've been hanging out with for the past 5 days is now gone. What am I going to do? I don't mind being by myself. But I would have preferred to have some company. I guess it will be another boring night watching movies in the room.

Well, first I need to eat something so I might as well go down to the restaurant. I'm not going to starve myself just because no one is here to eat with me.

I sigh as I grab my room key off the table, and I head out of my hotel room. The only upside to this extra night is that I don't have to pay for anything. The company is paying for all of it.

I walk through the halls and make my way to the restaurant/bar just next to the hotel. As I walk in, I glance at the pool table that is near the bar. When the other participants were here with me, no one was willing to play a game of pool with me. Oh, I love playing pool and it has been so long since I actually have. I wonder if I'll look weird playing all by myself.

Never mind. I'll just eat something and then head back to my hotel room for another boring night waiting for time to pass.

As I sit down, I look around. I notice that the bar is rather full tonight, which is quite different from the other nights that the group of us came here to eat. However, the restaurant area is rather empty which seems odd too. This entire week, the restaurant area has been packed, but tonight things are a little different. I wonder if it is because they were all hotel guests, that like the rest of my group, has left already to go home.

Ah, I should have tried to leave early and went home tonight. But I can't change anything now, so I guess that I should stop whining about it.

As I sit waiting patiently for my food, I keep glancing over to the pool table. It is almost like it is softly calling my name, but I'm afraid that I'll look like an idiot playing by myself. Oh, I don't think that I can.

I'm startled as the server puts my food down in front of me and politely asks, "Do you need anything, sir?"

I shake my head. "No. I think that I'm fine."

The server smiles and chimes, "Well, if you change your mind, please let me know."

I smile back. "I will."

I turn my focus back to my food and dig in.

As I set my utensils down, I look at my watch. It is only 6:30 pm and I still don't want to sit in my room and watch TV for four or five hours. That is just too boring and completely lame.

Once again, the pool table seems to be calling my name and I contemplate for a few minutes before I get up. I first go to the cashier and I pay for my meal, but instead of walking out, I turn and head to the pool table. I have finally decided that I don't care if I look stupid. I'll be having fun doing something that I enjoy.