Always remember us this way

To the one who wonders if I'm writing about him,

I never thought you were going to be one of those loves that stay forever, one of those that embed on your skin like ink on paper. I can still hear your voice whispering in my ear during those long nights I spent talking to you. I feel your fingers stuck on my skin, they are chains that I will carry always as I walk next to those footprints you forgot to erase when you left. I never knew what made you run away, with that super hero instinct that did not let me save you, even though the reality is that you did not know how to do it. I still dream of finding you in the middle of December on a crowded street, that you take me by the hand and invite me to dance, or to drink some coffee... I don't know. Revive the hidden memory of my favorite song, making love to the keys on the old keyboard that you had in your room. You, enjoying the melody, and me, permeating my words on a wrinkled paper that I found on your desk. I can still see you reading the piece of poetry I dedicated to your name, which I still dedicate, now with another connotation. Your fingers running through my hair, and making circles close to my spine, my hand over your accelerated heart. The unstableness of your feelings making me lose my sanity, and those kisses that pulled me from Earth and left me stranded on the moon. My heart will always wait for you, on that bench where we first met, imagining stories where I meet those coffee brown eyes that provoked my insomnia. He knows you're still here, tormenting my life, and making my soul drunk every time your smell incites a memory. I carry the minimum hope of you arriving with the flowers I always wanted, with big illusion filled eyes and closed wounds, with an infinite wish of starting again the race for that story that doesn't stop appearing in my dreams. Do it. Take me to that place with lights you always talk about, tell me your biggest fears and your smallest dreams. Open my mind and kiss my thoughts, let me admire you under the moonlight while we walk on the beach where you wanted to take me. Stay with me until sunrise, no more talking through the phone, no more miles between us. Take my hand and hold my weaknesses while we dance to that song from our favorite movie. Hug me on the doorsteps of my house, and kiss my forehead like you did so many times before. Don't make any promises this time that the hope of having you takes control of my heart like the butterflies in my stomach, in its place, just stay. Show me that I don't just miss your words... Show me that I miss you.

Yours,

Luna.