Two-bit and Ponyboy

(there is some swearing in this, and it is quite short. I may add another story if I get more ideas, but for now, I hope you enjoy! By the way, Dallas and Johnny never died in these stories)

It was a normal day for Ponyboy Curtis, a 14 year old boy who despite having a rough life with being a greaser, honestly doesn't have that bad of a life. He has two loving older brothers, Darrel (Darry) and Sodapop. Not to mention his honest best friends. Though, out of all of them, Pony has been secretly admiring one. He's the second oldest in the gang, other than Darry. He's funny, loves Mickey Mouse, and is quite smart. It's Two-Bit Matthews. Ponyboy has always admired him in ways that others may not. He thinks Two-Bit is a charming man, and he has a million dollar smile.

Ponyboy walked around downtown as he sighed. It was almost Two-Bit's birthday and Pony wanted to get him something. 'But what did Two-Bit like..?' He thought to himself as he kept walking around. He had been saving up for a few months now, but never got Two-Bit to honestly tell him something that he'd always wanted. Pony knew he loved Beer, which the entire gang would give him. He was more than likely coming over to the Curtis' house for his birthday. Two-Bit also loved chocolate cake, which everyone also knew and would get him. Another thing he loves is Mickey Mouse. 'He's already got a few Mickey Mouse T-shirts....' Pony thought as he sighed.

He continued to walk around, going in and out of stores. Mostly what he found was jewelry, which wasn't something he thought Two-Bit would like much at all. It had been about and hour, and he was starting to lose hope. He walked into a store as he finally found something. A necklace with a small Mickey Mouse head charm. (It's a cute necklace, not graphic) "This is perfect!" He smiled as he walked up to the cashier and bought it. It costed nearly all of the money he had saved up, but frankly, Pony would do anything for the man he had admired for so long. Ponyboy has been admiring Two-Bit for years now, and frankly doesn't think he'll ever stop admiring him.

He slipped the small box that contained his present for Two-Bit in his pocket as he walked out of the store. He started walking home, smiling gently at the ground. Ponyboy continued to walk for a while before he felt someones arms wrap around him. He thought it was a Soc. "HEY!" He shouted as he thrashed around a bit. All he heard was laughter, and it sounded VERY familiar. He turned. "T-Two-bit??" He looked surprised as his cheeks reddened. "Hi Pony!~" Two-Bit smiled as he slicked the other male's hair back. "Hi! I didn't expect you to be out today." Pony still looked a bit surprised, yet he was incredibly happy Two-Bit showed up.

"Ah, well I came by your house but you weren't home." Two-bit scratched the back of his head, looking at Pony. "Wait..me..?" Pony cocked a brow, looking up at the male. He felt his cheeks slightly grow red, and his eyes slightly widen. "Yes, you. Doofus." Two-bit smiled and slicked Ponyboy's hair back again. "W-why?" Ponyboy asked in confusion, his cheeks getting more hot. Two-Bit just smiled. "Well, I wanted to hang out with my buddy. Dallas, Johnny, Steve, and Soda are hangin' out. Darry wasn't feelin' good so he went to the hospital." He smiled at the boy again.

"Why not hang out with them..?" Pony tilted his head slightly. "Because! I wanted to hang out with you. I heard they've got a movie goin' tonight. How bout' we go see it together?" He smiled and put a hand on Pony's shoulder. Pony felt his face go red and he smiled. 'Maybe I'll give him his gift tonight...it won't be as embarrassing...' He thought. "Of course! That sounds fun, Two-bit! But...what if Darry gets angry..?" He looked concerned. "Psh, you know Darry trusts me more than he will Dallas." Two-Bit chuckled. "True..okay! Let's go. I'm buyin', and gettin' you Cola and popcorn." Ponyboy smiled. "Why kiddo?" Two-bit cocked an eyebrow. "It's almost your birthday! Let me treat you." He smiled. Two-Bit sighed with a smile. "Alright, C'mon." He wrapped an arm around Ponyboy as they started walking.

(~at the movie~)

They found a good spot as they sat down, after getting their cola and popcorn. Two-Bit looked at Pony. He wrapped an arm around the boy, pulling him close. "T-two-Bit...?" Pony's face went completely hot as he looked at him. "You look cold, Kiddo. Just snuggle up against me." He smiled and watched the movie. Pony nodded as he looked at the movie, seeming to watch it. But in reality, all he could do was think about Two-bit sitting next to him, with his arm wrapped around him. He was so embarrassed. 

After a bit, the movie had a 5 minute 'break'. Two-Bit looked at Pony. "Hows' the movie so far?" He asked with a small smile.  "U-uhm, good.." Ponyboy was really nervous and still flustered. "You doin' okay, Pon?" Two-Bit raised a brow. "Huh? Yeah." He smiled. After a minute, Ponyboy finally got the courage to give Two-Bit his early present. "Um, Two-Bit..." Pony blushed, getting out the small box from his pocket.

"Yes Pony?" Two-Bit looked at him. "I-...G-got you this...U-m.." He blushed more as he held the box out. "H-happy early birthday, Two-Bit.." He looked surprised as he very gently took the box and opened it, his eyes sparkling a bit and his lips parting. Even Two-bit went slightly red. "P-on you didn't have to get me anything, bud..." He looked at Ponyboy, blushing a bit.

"I did have to! You're my best friend, Two-bit. You're an asshole and didn't tell me what you wanted so I just had to think about it...I'm sorry if it's not what you wanted.." Ponyboy looked a bit dissapointed. Two-bit hugged the boy, smiling. "I love it, Pony. Thank you so much. You made me so happy today." Ponyboy turned completely red as he hugged back. Maybe, Two-Bit had feelings. 'I hope he doesn't find out..' Two-bit thought to himself. He blushed more. 'I love you, Ponyboy. Maybe for your birthday, I'll tell you that...' He thought.

The two smiled and finished their movie, with big smiles, and red faces.