Chapter 1

Siren break through the defused calm of eigengrau. Blue and red lights contrast the colourless air, screeching tires cause smoke that dances with the colds breath. This disturbance chasing a lone boy, barely 16 with blood staining the left side of his abdomen. He's slowing, becoming more desperate as the unconsciousness of blood loss threatens his freedom. The boys real name is Daniel however everyone with the displeasure of knowing him calls him Trickster, T for short. The name earned from his sarcastic and cunning nature. His brown hair and tanned skin blend with the night around him but his blue eyes stand out like the moon in the sky.

He's running because someone fucked up. He was finishing a job for his boss, one involving the culling of a mans need for breath. It was suppose to be simple, it isn't like he's popped someone off before however someone was in the building without him knowing and they called the cops. And now here he is, his side bleeding from a bullet wound, coppers on his heels and with no where to go. He doesn't hate coppers, he understands they're trying to make the world safer, but when you live on the streets with your only lifeline being a job cutting off ends for the biggest gang in the city, you have no choice.

T's life wasn't always shit, he had foster parents and all that but the restrictions on freedom and his dislike to trust people lead to complications and he ran, and has been running for over 8 years.

T realised he was heading for the busy city center, a big no no when running from police. But with said police behind him like bloodhounds to rabbits, he had to take the chance. His legs burned and oxygen wasn't sustaining his hungry lungs but he kept going only through the thought of containment. He has to be free, always has been, always will. And nothing will stop him.

Then something does. T being caught in his thoughts, didn't register he was running right into a Main Street. Even with it being 3:00am, the streets still had stragglers; people driving home after a long night on the town. T runs straight into the path of a red a Ford Mustang. The last thing T thinks; the irony of the cars colour and that of a stop sign.

A crash and screeching of tires joins the symphony of police sirens.

Authors note:
Hello there readers,
This is my first time writing fanfictions so I don't know all the lingo in this new and quite scary environment. Because of this feel free to comment on my mistakes such as grammar or spelling or even on ways I can make the story better or how to continue it. This story was inspired by rivers_may's Spray Paint so go and read that. Rivers_may, if you feel as though I need to change something in the story as it relates to much to yours then please tell me.

Godspeed readers,
G.