Chapter 1

I walk into my school to see that another couple has broken up and now are out of the Couples Game. I don't know the whole story, but I'm guessing she cheated. I don't know it's stupid anyway. I guess I should introduce myself, Hi I'm Ava and I'm 17 and a senior in high school. As I walk up to my locker and realize my best friend, Ani, is already there.

"Did you hear what happened." My best friend, Ani, tells me. Technically she's my only friend, you see, I don't like people they irritate me, Ani is the only person I can actually tolerate. She used to be in the Couples Game with her boyfriend, James, but he cheated on her within the first week they dated. She wasn't really heart broken because it was only a week but It still hurt her so I still had to be there for her.

I push up my glasses that were sliding down my face and said, "Yeah, kinda I'm guessing Jennifer and Tony broke up." I said irritated, this game is stupid because now everybody knows what should have been just Jennifer and Tonys personal business. I don't know why people even play it. I get my books from my locker and put my backpack in and shut my locker while turning around.

"Yep, apparently Jennifer cheated on Tony with Jason. Can you believe it? I mean out of all the guys she goes for the golden boy. She has to know he won't date her right. He just wants to break them up." Jason thinks it's stupid to do this game too. But, unlike me he sets to make every person in the game loose. It's stupid really but..I can't stop him.

"I know but Jennifer is a slut he wants him. So she thinks she can have him. Except the reasons for him wanting her and her wanting him are completely different. Sometimes I think that maybe she doesn't use her brain, actually wait, nope she just doesn't have one." I say.

Ani laughs, "It took you that long to realize that? Gosh you really are dumb." She says, I just roll my eyes, she knows she's not telling the truth because I have had A's since I was in kindergarten. I'm actually serious I had all A's in kindergarten. I know, I know, I'm a nerd.

"Shut up, we both know your wrong." I say, while leaning against my locker.

"Yes, but please Ava can you just try to put effort into what you wear." She says putting her hands together in a praying position. I look down at what I'm wearing. I'm wearing black shorts with a white shirt tucked in with some Nike shoes. What did she want me to wear? It's August it's fricking hot out so I'm sorry.

"What's wrong with what I wear?" I ask, actually curious, you see Ani is gorgeous. She has long wavy brown hair and bright blue eyes. She has a height of 5'6 and has perfect curves in all the right places. Me on the other hand...I have brown eyes and wavy brown hair and it's at my shoulders. I have a height of 5'8 which make me 2 inches taller than Ani, she hates when I make fun of her for being shorter than me.

She looks me up and down, "Nothing, it's just so casual, I mean look at what I'm wearing." She says gesturing towards herself. I look at her and realize she's wearing a blue button up shirt with white stripes on it, white shorts, and black converse. I do admit her style is better than mine but...I don't care, I never did care about what people think about me.

"I see what you are wearing and I don't care. I like my style thank you very much." I say, she just rolls her eyes because she knows she won't get anywhere with this.

"Fine, if it makes you feel better I'll put effort into what I'm wearing tomorrow." I sigh, she squeals and jumps up and down. Gosh why am I friends with her? Oh right..I have no other friends.

The bell rings signaling that class starts in 5 minutes. Sadly I have Math and Ani has Language. So I say good bye to Ani and start making my way to class. I sit in the back row next to the window. I like sitting by the window because if I'm ever bored of sitting in class I just stare out the window.

The class starts piling up quick and before I know it the bell rings. I look up to see everyone is here, well, besides Trevor Knight. I don't even know why he goes to this school he never shows up on time anyway. The teacher was about to start the lesson.

As if he could hear me thinking about him he walked in just at that time. Trevor is handsome, there's no denying that but he's also cocky and arrogant. Trevor has a jawline that looks like could cut you and has soft brown hair. He walked in wearing a white t-shirt that hugged his muscles and I'm pretty sure he has a six pack. He also has black jeans on. He looked around the room looking for a place to sit while I turned my attention back to the window.

"Mr.Knight, care to explain why your late?" The teacher, Mrs. Summers, asked. She seemed really annoyed but I would be too if he never showed up on time to class every day.

"No..not really." He states and sits down two desks away from me on my left side. He gets away with this because of his father being one of the richest people in the world has it's privileges. I roll my eyes and so does the teacher, she goes back to the lesson.

I was trying really hard to pay attention in class but I had a feeling someone was watching me.

So I looked to my left side to see, no other than Trevor Knight looking right at me. I don't know why but it annoyed me. His golden eyes were piercing into mine and I couldn't look away. I finally ripped my eyes away from his and looked down at the desk instead. I pulled a strand of my hair away behind my ear and pushed my glasses up. There was only one question left on my mind.

Why was Trevor Knight looking at me?