seven. winner

WHEN TWO SHATTERED HEARTS!
( seven peer pressure — james bay )

Convincing layton to actually go to the party with me was the hardest task i ever had to tackle single handedly. Both of us were incredibly stubborn and stuck to our own principals, and up until two hours ago, layton and i were on the same page about highschool parties, or parties in general. Chase made my brain forget everything it trained itself to believe for the past sixteen years in the matter of seconds, i barely knew him, but the thought of him made my knees weak and my heart skip every other beat.

I knew it was unlikely he would ever feel the same way back, he was a secluded boy who had a lot of girls lined up in a line waiting for him, but there was no way to be certain he couldn't be interested until after this party.

I could admit, i didn't sound like myself whatsoever, but i had never felt the feelings i was experiencing in those few days, so i wasn't going to let my conscious get in my way of trying new things.

Layton's brother, logan agreed to accompany us at the party until he met up with his friends, just to make sure we got there safely. Logan should've been a freshman in college but got held back his freshman year after failing a lot of his classes. He was a typical party goer, just like delia. Layton and i always joked that we were so unlucky to have siblings that were so different than us. Logan informed us that this wasn't a cliche, movie type party. We didn't have to wear crazy scandalous dresses and giant heels, but he did warn us that we had to step out of comfort zone, clothing wise, if we even wanted to get in.

Layton let me wear a lavender tube top that one of logan's ex girlfriends left over at their house earlier in the year. I tucked it into high rise skinny jeans and put on a jean jacket and white vans. I had never been so uncomfortable in an outfit before, but this was my first highschool party and i wanted to do it right. Layton wore a tight, maroon, of the shoulder top and dark jeans and checkered vans.

The day went on as layton pulled out some makeup she bought but never used, i didn't really need much, so she just out on blush that she said "complimented the purple" and highlighter and mascara. I never usually wore mascara ever, so my eyes tears for several minutes.

Nine thirty rolled around and logan finally texted us telling us he was ready to leave. Layton took the passenger seat and i sat in the middle as logan lectured us on how to be "responsible teens" given his history, i couldn't stop myself from giggling at how hypocritical he sounded. When we pulled to the massive house, there were already red solo cups littered on the lawn and the smell of beer could be sensed from miles away. I pressed down a gulp, beginning to regret making layton come out here with me.

After entering the huge mansion, we immediately lost logan to a group of senior boys who seemed to have lost their shirts. We pushed our way through couples making out and strangers awkwardly grinding against each other and found the living room, which was difficult because it was the size of the entire first story of my house.

The first thirty minutes absolutely sucked. Layton and i sat on the couch, yelling over the music to have a conversation about how much we wanted to go home. I was pleasantly surprised when i felt a single finer on my shoulder pull me around. Chase stood, a head taller than me, glancing down at me with a soft smile.

"You showed." he said, sitting next to me on the couch. I felt the hairs on my arms stand up as i was suddenly alert of everything little thing i did.

"Uh, yeah." i murmured back, over the music. I couldn't help but take in the way he looked. He worse ripped, black jeans that made his paler skin and dark hair look so good. He wore a red and white striped shirt with a black denim jacket over and red vans. He has multiple gold necklaces and chains around his neck and variety of metal rings on his fingers. I had never noticed that his style was extremely different compared to all of friends, but somehow it fitted him perfectly and looked amazing.

"Well i'm glad you did." he said i could hear the smile on layton face behind me. "I'll be happy to help your first party experience be as good as it can be, if you'll let me of course." he said and layton laughed, scooting closer to me.

"That would be great. We aren't really sure how this all works," i gestured my finger to layton and i, giving a small smile.

"Okay cool," chase said, "we need drinks. Beers good or?" layton nudged my shoulder and shook her head subtly when i turned.

"Waters are fine."i shrugged.

Chase's eyes went from me to layton slowly, trying to figure out if it was some sort of joke. "You're serious?" he asked, surprised.

"Yeah we don't drink and i'm guessing i the driver tonight." layton chimed in. she was right, usually logan didn't return home until the next day. We had to get home somehow. Chase ran his hand through his hair, laughing to himself.

"If layton is driving, what's one beer going to do aurora?" he asked and i had no response. I don't usually give into peer pressure, but i didn't want chase to think im not cool and to pathetic to have one drink. Layton looked at me with her eyebrows raised and shrugged her shoulders. I gave her a pleading look and she nodded her head, silently telling me to do it.

"Um, okay. One drink can't hurt right?" i said.

Taking a stand, chase held out his hand for me to take. "Okay then, let's go." he told me and i grabbed his hand and stood up. His skin was incredibly soft against mine and felt like perfect silk. He held onto my hand as he escorted me through the ground and i turned around to check if layton was good with this, she held up her thumb as chase pulled me out of view.

I felt incredibly guilty for ditching layton, but there isn't anything i could do about it now. Chase pulled me up against a huge island in the middle of the spacious kitchen. The room reeked with alcohol and drinks were spilt all over the counter. I leaned against the island while chase disappeared for a few seconds. He came back with two beer bottles that were already opened. Handing one to me, he took a swig of his smoothly. I held the bottle to my lips, already tasting the sour liquid. I took a tiny sip, my eyes closing in disgust chase chuckled and leaned against the island next to me.

"Having fun so far?" he asked, his eyes impaling me making me drown in lost thought. His eyes never moved from me.

"I think. I don't really know, i'm obviously not much of a parties so i don't know what to do." i honestly responded, pushing my sun conscious back after it told me to attempt to flirt. I could've said something like 'better now that you're here,' but i decided against it.

"Well, we could go dance," he said and i shook my head, that was a definite no. "okay, we could play beer pong." i wrestled my mind on that one for a second. I was ok with the game itself, but  don't think i could down anymore beer.

"Um i think this beer is enough for me now. I'll watch you play." i said and he grabbed my hand again without warning me, pulling me outside to where a ping pong table was set up and a group of four was playing.

"out."' chase said with a demanding tone and the teens walked off with no hesitation. That was weird. Chase stood on one side when another gave gave up to him, giving him a pat on the back. "Hey gavin, down for a game?" and the other walked around the table, grabbing a pink pong ball from a cup.

Gavin was just a little shorter than chase, with curly blonde hair. He looked actually pretty friendly, but, being captain of the soccer team, he definitely had an ego. He wore a Hawaiian shirt that was unbuttoned and peach pink shorts that went to his mid thigh. "What do i get if i win?" gavin asked, soaking the ball into a cup.

Chase shrugged, "what do you want?" he asked, leaning his hands against the table. Gavin laughed, thinking for a second.

"Winner gets her for the night,' gavin said, his finger pointing at me.

AUTHORS CORNER!
im secretly uploading in school lol so thanks for reading!! please vote and comment!!!

SONG!
i wrote this chapter based off this song and it works so well. aurora is new to all of this and says she doesnt give into peer pressure, but she does it anyway. ill add more detail when i get home wohoo