fifteen. hot tub

WHEN TWO SHATTERED HEARTS!

( fifteen   perks of being a sunflower — soft glass)

I stood in chases arms as eliza and sarah went back to the campsite. I explained every detail of my happened and it became hard to breathe just thinking about it. He calmed me down just being able to be near him. He listened thoughtfully but his eyes were hooded and held anger.
"I'll kill him." he said trying to walk back into the direction of the shore when i finished explaining everything.
"No i'm sure he is gone by now," i said through tears and his face lightened when we made eye contact.
"Do you want to go home?" he asked and i shook my head. He ignored me and asked again. "I can take you, i drove here with isabelle. If you want to go i can take you." he stuttered along and i stopped him by grabbing the sneeve of his shirt.
"I want to stay. This is the first time i've ever done anything like this, like this highschool stuff. I don't want gavin to have the satisfaction by thinking he ruined it. I want to make marshmallows and look at the stars and swim in the freezing lake with you and your friends." i told him. I knew i was rambling but if gavin knew he ruined this for me, that would add to the list of unforgettable events of the night.
Chase smiled softly and grabbed my hand and my heart jumped. He lead me back to the campsite and the few people who were sitting in chairs and on trunks all looked up at us. They probably knew what happened, their sympathetic faces giving it away easily. chase squeezed my hand barley and gave me a look telling me it would be okay.
we sat down in two chairs next to eliza and sarah and eliza whispered softly next to me, "gavin is gone, i am so sorry that happened to you. everyone knows but we don't have to talk about it." i felt the emotion rise just at the mention of the name, but i nodded in hopes that the topic would be dropped. the evening went on and slowly everyone began to forget about what had happened. they talked about girls and guys they thought were hot and made risky comments that made me cringe.
the sun completely disappeared and it was only the moon and stars illuminating the night. chase hadn't let go of my hand from when we came to the campsite but it felt so natural i didn't want him to let go.
"who wants to go to the cabin and get in the hot tub?" sarah asked.
"we have a cabin?" i leaned over and asked chase and he nodded. "gavin told me we were staying in a tent." and i shuddered at the lie. if he didn't do what he did earlier, he was probably going to attempt to do what he did tonight.
"we have a cabin that holds like ten people but it works." he said, regarding the fact that we had at least twenty other people with us.
the cabin wasn't far from the clearing we sat around for the past few hours, it was only about a five minute walk hidden deeper into the forest. it was larger than i expected and made of wood. there were multiple bedrooms with multiple beds in each and the living room was large and connected to the kitchen. chase told me that his friend spencer's grandparents owned it but he had been gone with his girlfriend for most of the day. everyone dressed into their swimsuits and made their way into the hot tub on the porch.
i walked into a bedroom that didn't have any bags and had two queen beds with a night stand separating them with a rose gold lamp mounted upon it. i set down my bad on the rightmost bed and changed into the swim suit gavin told me to pack. it was a plain pastel pink one piece that was modest enough for me to feel somewhat comfortable around complete strangers and chase.
i walked outside after i was done changing and the chill made my skin immediately numb. the hot tub was already full with people and chase sat facing me. he gestured for me to come in next to him in the hot tub and i covered my stomach with arms feeling suddenly insecure at my lack of coverage. i slipped into the hot tub next to him and we were extremely close given the hot tub was almost overflowing with the amount of bodies it was holding.
the conversations that were being held were bland and pointless and i found myself watching the sky looking for constellations. when i was around seven delia and i would sit outside at night and have races trying to find constellations that we're visible. delia always had a passion for the stars so it didn't come as a surprise when she would automatically win, but we did this every weekend we could before delia got into partying.
"what are you doing?" chase asked, leaned in even closer to me and i shot back to reality.
"huh?"
"oliver asked you a question." he whispered and my cheeks flushed, how long was i zoned out thinking about delia?
"you're new to Lakeview right?" oliver repeated and i nodded.
"yeah i lived in Nicole since i was ten but i was homeschooled up until this year?" i began to explain softly. i hates talking about myself but i didn't want to be rude and not answer the question oliver had asked.
"homeschooled?" the girl with red hair, isabell, that chase brought asked loudly.
"uh yeah," i stammered, my thumbs fiddling together. "i lived around before i came here and went to private schools until my parents decided to homeschool after..." i couldn't bring myself to reveal the circumstances that revolves around delia so i just went quiet. everyone starred at me, expecting me to go on but i kept my mouth shut and looked over at chase, pleading with my eyes for help.
"until?" isabell asked.
"it isn't important." i muttered back and i felt chases hand find my knee.
"obviously it is." isabell rolled her eyes and my mind races for answers to what i was supposed to do.
"isabell she said it isn't important, just drop it please." chase chimed in and i thanked god that he did. the hot tub resumes pointless conversations and the water was beginning to burn my skin.
"hey i think i'm going to get out now." i whispered to chase.
"why? is everything okay?" he asked and i pulled myself out of the hot tub and wrapped myself with a towel quickly.
"yeah i'm fine, i'm just ready to get out." i told him and he followed me about, helping the towel around me which made my breath hitch and my heart leap. he pulled a maroon over his exposed torso and followed me inside.
"do you want to go for a walk?" he asked as i grabbed a sweatshirt and letting from my bag in the other room, i pulled them over my wet swimsuit and found him back in the kitchen eating chips and guacamole.
"yeah sure." i said and we walked out the front door.

AUTHORS CORNER!
okay BIG shoutout to stereoscopy for making my page and this book less boring and more aesthetic. fun fact lindley is my sister and is really good at writing so go read her stories they are 10000 times better than mine lol. thank you for reading! please vote and comment so i feel like i'm somewhat good at writing.

SONG!
this song has no relation to the story at all but this song matches the vibe with the chapter i think so, yes i'm getting lazy but i don't care lol.