𝟎𝟎. | an accident

❝ COULD YOU PLEASE STOP THAT? ❞ Lola questioned, peering up from the book she was reading

          ❝ COULD YOU PLEASE STOP THAT? ❞ Lola questioned, peering up from the book she was reading. Althea stood not far away, the sparks from her magic dying down as she looked toward her sister.

"I'm practicing," she responded matter-of-factly. With that, she returned to her work. Orange colored sparks emerged from her fingertips as she shut her eyes, continuing what she was doing.

Lola narrowed her eyes at her twin. She promptly slammed her book shut, various other books tumbling off the shelf as she did so. Althea jumped, whirling around to face her sister who smiled innocently in return.

"I'm sorry you never practice. I want to be able to control this!" Althea bit back. Lola let out an offended scoff as she got to her feet. "You could go to your room and read, but no. You have to sit down in the common room where I practice!"

Now, the twins did usually get along but they spent at least 75% of their time together and the other 25% of their time was time spent not far apart due to their unfortunate predicament. This led to some bottled up feelings every now and then.

"You could practice in your room! Why do I have to be the one to leave?" Lola queried, her tone sharp as she crossed her arms over her chest and clenched her jaw.

Althea was quietly fuming for a moment. Whether this argument was truly just about common room time or it was an acting metaphor for various other issues they had with each other, no one could say. "Because you're not doing anything!"

"I'm reading!" Lola said, clearly exasperated as she threw her arms down. On cue, more books flew off the shelf. Althea's eyes darted over to the shelf and back to her twin sister. "I'm sorry you're illiterate!"

Althea scoffed, reaching forward and shoving her twin. Lola's eyes widened as she quickly pushed her sister back. "I'm sorry you're too scared to actually try and use your powers!"

Lola scowled at her sister, shoving her back again. "I'm sorry you practice everyday and still have no idea how to control yours!"

Althea clenched her jaw, her hands hanging down by her side as she tried to remain calm. Lola spotted the orangish glow coming from Althea's hands, presumably before she did herself.

"Althea-" Lola started. She was quick to realize the severity of the situation. She'd riled her sister up too much and her emotions were reacting. Before she could get another word out, her twin grabbed her by the shoulders and shoved her back much harder.

A blast burst through the Mayweather household as Lola crashed back onto the ground, the sun-colored glow casting over her entire line of sight.

When the sparks dissipated, Althea was stood alone in the common room. "...Lola?"